Senior Field Technician - Hydrography
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the role
Ventia are seeking an experienced Senior Hydrographer / instrument technician to join our environmental team based in Tatura, Northern Victoria.
We are on the lookout for applicants at a mid to senior level, to manage hydrographic monitoring & site maintenance, as well as providing leadership to field staff.
We are happy to accommodate relocation for any metro-based applicants and are keen to discuss this exciting opportunity with you!
- Observe ongoing site requirements through visitation to locations across Northern VIC and Southern NSW
- Undertake water quality sample collection and analysis, and ensure gathered data meets standards
- Actively manage new monitoring installations as well as ongoing maintenance needs at respective sites
- Monitor performance and provide mentoring for field staff
- Process, register and QA surface & groundwater data, discharge measurements and water quality results
- Reporting scheduled works and working under direction of the regional manager
- Qualification in water operations course or similar, additional science or environmental studies desirable
- Approximately 3+ years of experience in a similar position with environmental data collection including both water quality and quantity monitoring
- Well-developed planning and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with Hydstra, Microsoft Windows and the Office suite
- The ability to work unsupervised, and ability to travel/work away from home ad hoc for up to a week at a time
- Experience with the following instrumentation highly desirable:
- Telemetry units (Cell, Satellite, Radio and landline Modems) and
- Environmental monitoring sensors (Water level, EC/DO/TURB/pH, Ultrasonics)
- Experience in the installation of monitoring sites and the tools used
- Electronics and instrumentation aptitude and fault-finding ability
- Physically fit, can swim, with a desire for working outdoors
- A current Australian Drivers Licence – an additional boat licence is also desirable
What We Offer You
- Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive, and inclusive work environment where you matter
- Exceptional salary package on offer
- We take our people's careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow
- There's nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe
- We look after each other and foster our people's wellbeing
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 148820