Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is one of the largest essential services providers in Australia and New Zealand. We proudly provide the services that keep infrastructure working for our communities. We have a diverse and proud heritage combined with a track record for delivering the best outcomes for our clients and the communities in which we operate.
We are currently seeking full-time Bid Writers to support our D&SI (Defence and Social Infrastructure) business.
Reporting to the General Manager – Pre-Contracts, the primary purpose is to develop compelling content that ensures a compliant winning tender, capturing our value proposition and solution - on time and in accordance with Ventia procedures.
This role will suit a motivated individual with a desire to utilise and expand on their current skill set and looking for career progression within the Ventia business.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Write compelling tender responses that drive profitable growth
- Responsible for fully understanding all tender conditions, scope documents and returnable requirements –including all interdependencies
- During solution development, comprehend our proposed solution, ensuring it meets documented requirements and challenge gaps
- Consulted for an assessment of tender opportunities from a value proposition perspective – ensuring scope, schedule, price, client, etc. are considered
- Facilitate the connection between the estimate, commercial and the solution, ensuring these are incorporated into the submitted documents
- Work collaboratively with SMEs to ensure the response clearly articulates our solution, value proposition and win themes and is both compelling and easy to read
- Contribute to solution and value proposition refinement, translate the value proposition into a series of win themes, and map their application to tender deliverable
- Look for opportunities to convey information in interesting or engaging ways and mediums
To be successful in this role it is essential that you possess the following:
- A competitive spirit and desire to drive revenue growth
- Enjoy working in a team environment, whilst also having autonomy
- Possess strong writing and research skills, as well as the ability to effectively communicate and persuade through your writing
- Flexibility in working across a team and providing additional support where required
- Ability to prioritise tasks and adhere to team and client timelines
- The ability to understand the needs and requirements of the client
- ASDEFCON tendering experience is highly desirable
- Ideally tier 1 sector experience
- Define your own way of working - we value work-life balance, and the team is leading the way in promoting flexible working.
- Be part of a team working on diverse projects.
- Join an experienced Bid team located across Australia and New Zealand that can accelerate your career.
- Secure, permanent employment.
- Opportunities to progress your career with Ventia.
We acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 150863