Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Be part of a team working on diverse projects.
- Join an experienced Bid team located all around Australia and New Zealand, that will support the acceleration of your career.
- Full time permanent opportunity - Respected ASX listed organisation.
About the role
Due to business growth we have an opportunity for a Bid Manager to join our team supporting our D&SI (Defence and Social Infrastructure) portfolio.
Reporting to the General Manager – Pre-Contracts, the primary purpose of the role is to be responsible for the planning, programming and management of bids and proposals preparation.
The Bid Manager will be engaging directly with the bid team members and stakeholders while facilitating, challenging and driving the team toward a winning bid on time and in accordance with the Ventia policies.
This role will have the opportunity to work on multimillion dollar proposals in a truly career expanding role.
Located at our Beautiful Melbourne office with public transport and parking available close by this role will work closely with senior leaders of the Ventia business. Options to be based from Sydney or other state offices will be considered for the right applicant.
- Responsible for accurate, compliant and on time delivery of submissions.
- Oversee approval process through different pre contract gates, to ensure bids align with strategic imperatives on commercial objectives and outcomes.
- Drive the end-to-end bid / proposal documentation process – including understanding the RFP, preparing Q&A, solution development, presenting at interim and final meetings, finalising proposal, and bids.
- Primary point of contact for client tender representatives and ensure key milestones, both for governance, bid preparation and submission, are on time and within budget.
- Facilitate the connection between the estimate, commercial and the solution, ensuring that where risk mitigations include operational controls, these are incorporated into the solution and submitted documents.
- Post submission, the Bid Manager takes the lead in managing any clarifications and works closely with the opportunity owner and key team members to support contract negotiation and ensure the handover of all relevant cost and solution information to the incoming transition and operations team.
- Principle understanding of effective tendering & pre contract risk mitigation.
- Well-developed experience in pre contracts & Bid Management.
- Ideally tier 1 sector experience.
- Experienced in senior client engagement and high-impact negotiation skills.
- Commercially astute and able to drive commercial outcomes.
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to apply
If you are looking to expand your career with a business that rewards and values its employees, please apply below by clicking on the apply now button.
Position Reference Number: 150864