Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia are currently undergoing large scale recruitment for Cooks at our Defence sites acress the Darwin region. This role will see you suporting our busy mess's feeding Military personal for the upcoming US Marine rotation and other Defence activities.
Our Defence sites have multiple Mess’s on site, some that seat up to 600 people. The mess is a large industrial kitchen that focuses on bulk food production in a buffet style environment.
We have shifts available 7 days a week between the hours of 6am-9pm and the possibility of 2/1 Rosters. We are able to work together to create a roster that works for you. We have some workers that work 38 hours a week on a casual basis and others that work 2 evenings a week in addition to another job. We are flexible!
Primary location: Robertson Barracks, Palmerston.
- Preventive management of food safety hazards through the systematic application of HACCP controls.
- Manage the overall preparation and delivery of meal services from production facilities, ensuring regular consultation with the Food and Beverage Coordinator and Mess Committee regarding expectations and performance.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, and barbeques.
- Overall stock management, including ordering of supplies, stock rotation, application of labels and dates, correct storage and handling, develop inventory control measures, ensure correct wastage practices, and coordinate stock takes.
- Train all food production personnel in Ventia’s procedures and methods relating to food preparation and presentation, including those specific to religious meal service, such as Kosher and Halal.
- Build strong working relationships with performance and compliance team, ensuring efficient management of Health, Safety and the Environment (HSE), Food Safety and HACCP, and Contract compliance
- Ensure all areas of the kitchen are clean, sanitised, well-maintained and presentable.
- Check, record and sign off on all shift cleaning schedules, and documentation relating to incoming goods, food holding units and temperature probes.
- Australian recognised Certificate III Commercial Cookery qualification.
- Solid understanding of contract management, quality management systems and continuous improvement principles.
- Sound knowledge of Food Safety Standards, relevant legislation and statutory obligations.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to high standards of customer service.
- Strong planning and organisation skills and proven experience in collaborative and consultative processes at a professional level.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To Be Eligible:
- Must have a car/transport
- Full Australian working rights
- This position requires a Australian Federal Police Check
- Must be able to pass a police check
- Must value HAVING FUN while achieving great things at work!
Our kitchen prides our self on inclusion, continuous improvement and doing things better! A great attitude is what is important in this role. Should you know of any friends or family this role may interest please share!