SHEQ Advisor (HSEQ) Advisor
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is responsible for the management and delivery of all hard and soft facilities management services, including maintenance and cleaning, for the City of Sydney’s portfolio of 251 facilities.
Servicing a delivery area of 26.15km2, a residential population of 224,211 and approximately 615,000 visitors daily, the portfolio includes the City’s range of community facilities such as community centres, libraries, leisure facilities, depots, and public toilets, as well as its commercial buildings - iconic buildings such as the Sydney Town Hall, Customs House, and the Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a strategic health and safety professional to step into a role as a SHEQ Advisor based in Sydney CBD with flexibility to work from home some days during the week.
The Safety Advisor will actively engage with stakeholders, particularly field workers, utilising systems, and process to foster an integrated approach to deliver on legal, contractual, and business Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) requirements.
What’s on offer
- A workplace that embraces diversity and inclusion
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- Organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options
- Personalised career growth with a suite of wellness initiatives and benefits
What you’ll be doing
- Support the implementation of the Contract’s SHEQ Management Plans and Ventia’s SHEQ Management Systems
- Provide SHEQ advice and support to the operations team and subcontractors
- Conducting SHEQ inspections, interactions, and audits
- Reviewing risk management documentations e.g., SWMS, risk assessments and investigations
- Reviewing and coordinating high risk permits for the Contract
- Maintaining Contractor currencies and training requirements
- Maintain and record all SHEQ related records within the safety/document control system
- Facilitate incident and injury management, including investigations, and correct management
- Develop and deliver safety related training and awareness programs as required including inductions, and toolbox talks
- Building a strong rapport with the Clients SHEQ representatives
- Qualifications in WHS/OHS, Environmental, or Quality Equivalent
- Have suitable experience as a SHEQ professional and possess the required technical skills and knowledge to perform the role
- Detailed knowledge of SHEQ legislation, regulatory requirements and ISO standards within a utility or infrastructure project environment
- Experience in a safety / environment or relevant industry role- industrial experience desirable
- Ability to implement the Health and Safety objectives and targets at a contract level
- Experience in leading ICAM investigations an advantage
- Operational experience relevant to high-risk environments
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely, and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to apply
If you are looking to expand your career with a business that rewards and values its employees, please apply below by clicking on the apply now button.
Position Reference Number: 150612