Location: Port Kembla
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Your chance to join a friendly and inclusive team, while working in a dynamic industry
- Opportunity to enjoy a coastal lifestyle, while working at the iconic Port Kembla NSW Steelworks
Ventia is built on over 100 years of combined knowledge, understanding and experience in providing essential services. We have a proud and shared heritage. We put safety first, deliver for our clients, champion diversity and find sustainable solutions that better our communities.
About the Role
Based in the Illawarra, Ventia’s ‘Project Services’ business group provides a range of contract maintenance, construction, fabrication and on-site installation work for a variety of Clients. Working within this Team an opportunity exists for a qualified Boilermaker to perform fabrication work on projects, shutdowns and day-to-day maintenance service requests.
- Our people are our strength. We are looking for individuals who are:
- Safe for life - Safe for each other
- Passionate about their trade
- Loves to explore ideas and provide solutions
- Highly motivated, and
- Thrives on team outcomes and success
To be successful in this role, the following qualification, licences, skills, and experience are required:
- Demonstrated commitment to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards
- Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade Qualification
- Relevant heavy industry experience.
- OHS General Construction Induction Card (White Card).
- NSW Drivers Licence.
- The ability to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Proactive nature to support your team
- Flexibility to work in a multi-skilled team with the ability to work independently
- Pride in your standard of work with a passion for identifying and implementing improvement opportunities
- Results driven coupled with a strong customer focus
- An effective communicator, both face to face and in writing
If you are interested in this opportunity and believe you have the appropriate level of skills and experience, we would like to hear from you.
To register your interest, please submit your application via the "APPLY" button below. Closing date for all applications will be on Sunday 19 February 2023.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 138591