SHEQ Advisor - Puckapunyal
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities
In partnership with the Australia Defence Force, we are seeking a SHEQ Advisor to join the Ventia Defence SHEQ team, with the role based at Puckapunyal Defence Base, a short 10 minute drive from Seymour Township, Victoria.
As a SHEQ Advisor, your primary responsibility is to deliver on organisational construction SHEQ requirements for Ventia, utilising systems and process to foster an integrated approach to SHEQ management in delivering on legal, contractual and business requirements.
About the role:
- Inform and implement Safety Management Plans across the project
- Implementing processes to ensure communication and compliance with all SHEQ policies and procedures including fostering a culture of ‘safety and health above all else
- Work with Ventia Leaders to ensure the correct implementation and adherence to safety requirements
- Conduct field inspections and complete audits on works and management systems
- Adhere with legislations, regulations and standards and that all activities on the project are undertaken in a safe manner, and with the application of suitable frameworks and documentation
- Undertake aspects of Environment and Quality function
- Tertiary Qualification in Workplace/ Occupation Health and Safety
- Formal training in incident investigation
- Have suitable experience as a safety professional
- Detailed knowledge of SHEQ legislation, regulatory requirements and ISO standards
- Ability to develop and execute strategies to ensure compliance, minimise risk and drive continuous improvement
- Excpetional Salary on offer - open to negotiation based on experience
- Company Vehicle - including commute usage
- Ventia's benefits including flexible working, Paid parental leave, Novated car leasing, plus discounts with hundreds of major retialers across AU
Please note: To meet Defence requirements, you must be an Australian Citizen to be considered for this position.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 149595