Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the Role:
We are currently seeking qualified Chefs, interested in working on our remote mobile camps and villages across South Australia in the Cooper Basin. This role is FIFO from Adelaide to Moomba.
Working either independently or within a small team, our chefs are responsible for running their kitchen and cooking all meals for our remote staff. You will work closely with our camp managers and housekeepers to provide a home away from home. The role is rostered as 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off. You will work the breakfast service (night shift). All accommodation and meals are provided to you while you're on shift.
- Provide high quality, nutritious food to our employees & clients.
- Manage and run the kitchen autonomously or jointly within a small team.
- Cooking, food preparation, cleaning of the kitchen & assisting with ordering.
- Strict adherence to all HSE policies, procedures & safe food handling practices.
- Contribute to a high level of customer service.
Skills & Experience:
- Australian recognised Cert III in Commercial Cookery qualification.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in large commercial kitchens.
- Confidently drive a manual vehicle.
- Sound knowledge of Food Safety Standards, relevant legislation, and statutory obligations.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to high standards of customer service.
- The ability to pass a medical, including drug and alcohol tests.
- Unrestricted Australian work rights.
- Exceptional safety records, standards, and practices.
- Ventia is committed to the safety of all their employees. Our goal is to ensure everyone goes home safe and sound every day.
- Work with a diverse, collaborative & supportive team.
- Develop lifelong friendships from working in close knit teams.
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to Apply:
Please click the “Apply Now” button to apply. Please include your CV and a cover letter.
Position Reference Number: 150873