Location: Port Kembla
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Your chance to join a friendly and inclusive team, while working in a dynamic industry.
- Opportunity to enjoy a coastal lifestyle, while working at the iconic Port Kembla NSW Steelworks.
Ventia is built on over 100 years of combined knowledge, understanding and experience in providing essential services. We have a proud and shared heritage. We put safety first, deliver for our clients, champion diversity and find sustainable solutions that better our communities.
About the Role:
Based in the Illawarra, and working within our longstanding BlueScope Plant Maintenance contract, an opportunity exists for a dynamic and committed individual to join Ventia and the Blast Furnace Team in the role of Mechanical Technician.
Employed as a tradesperson, you will be engaged to perform the duties of a Mechanical Technician in the client department.
Reporting to the Mechanical Maintenance Coordinator, the Mechanical Technician is a key member of the maintenance team; with the primary responsibility of carrying out preventative maintenance activities and responding to emerging issues. In this role you will provide supervision, technical and safety expertise in addition to participating in work execution tasks as required.
We are looking for someone who can think broadly and outside the box, providing recommendations and advice on how we can best preserve the longevity of equipment, utilising efficient asset strategy.
Key accountabilities of the position include:
- Undertaking inspection tasks in your area.
- Monitoring and reporting on the condition of assets.
- Performing and supervising maintenance tasks; this includes maintenance work on projects, shutdowns and day-to-day maintenance service requests.
- Providing technical guidance, direction and support to other team members.
- Capturing maintenance history and ensuring key spares and components are fit for purpose and available when required.
- Providing feedback and review to the Asset team, to enable the development of maintenance strategy.
- Performing the role of ‘Isolation Coordinator’ duties when necessary.
- Participating in root cause analysis (RCA).
- Supporting the Mechanical Maintenance Coordinators in completing their daily work tasks, including shutdowns.
- Contributing to the overall achievement of safety, quality, critical equipment uptime and operational efficiency objectives for the area.
Our people are our strength. You could be someone who has proven experience in a similar role or alternatively you could be looking to take the next step in your career.
Overall, we’re looking for individuals who are:
- Safe for life - Safe for each other
- Passionate about their trade,
- Loves to explore ideas and provide solutions for continuous improvement, and
- Thrives on team outcomes and success.
- The following qualification, licences, skills and experience will set you up for success in this role:
- Demonstrated commitment to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards.
- Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade Qualification.
- Relevant heavy industry experience.
- OHS General Construction Induction Card (White Card).
- NSW Drivers Licence.
- Hydraulic experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Fault finding and problem-solving skills; driven by solution-focussed outcomes.
- The ability to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Action oriented and results driven; which is coupled by a strong customer focus.
- Pride in your standard of work
- Passion for identifying and implementing improvement opportunities.
- Effective in organising and managing your time.
- An effective communicator, both face to face and in writing.
- Computer literacy (MS windows, office, outlook).
If you are interested in this opportunity and believe you have the appropriate level of skills and experience, we would like to hear from you.
To register your interest, please submit your application via the "APPLY" button below. Closing date for all applications will be Sunday 19 February 2023.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business
Position Reference Number: 150424