Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities.
In partnership with the Australian Defence Force, Ventia are currently seeking a Stores Person on a Full-Time basis at Puckapunyal, located 10km west of Seymour.
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will assist with the effective and efficient delivery of parts and equipment with a focus on increasing productivity for the maintenance function.
This is a Monday to Friday role with shift times between 7:00am – 5:00pm (40-hour week) with one Roster Day Off per month.
Other duties include:
- Receive, check and acquit stores; resolve basic discrepancies
- Local distribution including delivering & collecting store, loading and unloading of vehicles
- Prepare or process stores documents and maintain storehouse records
- Operate a computer for the input and retrieval of stores information including Ventia and DPN
- Data entry within systems such as MILIS / SAP
- Packing, marking and stowage of stores
- Ensure proper custody of stores, e.g., stock check of quantities check for deterioration of store or expiry of shelf life
- Participate in stocktaking by locating, identifying, counting, and relocating stores
- Provide assistance in compliance with occupational health and safety requirements
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace
Skills and Experience:
- Suitable experience in a stores, logistics or warehousing environment
- Exceptional customer service experience
- MILIS system experience desirable
- Forklift license desirable
- Driver’s License essential
You must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to maintain a Defence clearance in order to be eligible for these positions, as well as be able to pass an Australian Federal Police Check and Medical Pre-Employment Checks as required by the contract.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 150966