Transmission Line Mechanic - Wellington
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia partner with leading Electrical asset providers to deliver maintenance and construction works on Transmission lines. Ventia’s contract covers the entire Auckland network including project upgrades, capital works and routine maintenance. An opportunity has arisen for Transmission line mechanic to predominately work across Auckland. Exceptional opportunities to progress in Glove & Barrier and leadership roles.
- Provide maintenance on 132HV - 275HV transmission lines
- Termination and cutting of live conductors
- Clamp & Climbing of Tower cranes, hook ladders
- Stringing and terminate overhead conductors
- Installation of insulators on Tower cranes
- Follow work to all and HSE procedures as well as statutory requirements
WHY Join Ventia?
- Earn attractive LAHA rates
- 9 days on-site with 1 day travel
- Access to leading edge technology and equipment
- Social activities such as fishing trips, BBQ’s and celebration days
- Flexibility – 11.3 Roster
- Crews of 5 Transmission Linespersons (Occasionally Trade Assistance)
- This is a full-time, permanent role at minimum 40 hours a week, any 8 hours a day between 6 am to 6 pm
- Certificate 3 in Transmission
- Current EWRB
- Current Driver’s License
- Working at Heights
- Tower Rescue
- Construction White Card
- High Risk Work Licence to operate an EWP
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Ventia are currently seeking Line Mechanics to work for our Transmission Lines Team in New Zealand. We have multiple vacancies across the country and are seeking hardworking and motivated individuals to join our team.
Contact Sarah +61460299171 to discuss