Mechanical - Equipment Specialist
Location: Port Kembla
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Your chance to join a friendly and inclusive team, while working in a dynamic industry.
- Opportunity to enjoy a coastal lifestyle, while working at the iconic Port Kembla NSW Steelworks.
One of Australasia's largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it's what unites and excites us.
Based in the Illawarra, Ventia’s ‘NSW Industrial’ business group provides a range of contract maintenance and miscellaneous services work for a variety of Clients; including our longstanding alliance with BlueScope at the Port Kembla Steelworks.
Employed as a Tradesperson, you will be engaged to perform the duties of an Equipment Specialist in the Coke Plant 1 Asset Team. In this role you will provide technical and safety expertise to the team and participate in work execution.
We need someone who can think broadly and outside the box, providing recommendations and advice on how we can best preserve the longevity of equipment, via inspections and monitoring methods.
Key requirements of the role include:
- Provide technical guidance and support in relevant discipline.
- Provide direction to team members to complete tasks.
- Monitor and report the condition of assets.
- Support Asset Improvement Coordinators in completing daily work tasks.
- Capture maintenance history and ensure key spares and components are fit for purpose and available when required.
- Develop scope, plans and provide support for scheduling activities for routine maintenance, shutdown and breakdown tasks.
- Create work orders within the plant maintenance management system (SAP).
- Provide feedback and review to enable the development of maintenance strategy.
- Perform isolation coordinator duties when necessary.
- Participate in root cause analysis (RCA).
- Supporting the multi-discipline teams with ‘hands on’ work activities.
You could be someone who has proven experience in a similar role or alternatively you could be looking to take the next step in your career.
To be successful in this role the following qualification, licences, skills and experience is required:
- Demonstrated commitment to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards.
- Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade Qualification
- Diploma of Engineering, (or willingness to work towards this qualification immediately).
- Relevant industry experience.
- OHS General Construction Induction Card (White Card).
- NSW Drivers Licence.
- Strong problem-solving skills underpinned by a solid mechanical aptitude.
- Proactive nature to support your team and team-based goals.
- The ability to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Results driven, coupled with a strong quality focus.
- Flexibility to work in a multi-skilled team, with the ability to work autonomously.
- Pride in your standard of work.
- Passion for identifying and implementing improvement opportunities.
- An effective communicator, both face to face and in writing.
- Proven computer literacy (MS windows, office, outlook).
If you are interested in this opportunity and believe you have the appropriate level of skills and experience, we would like to hear from you.
To register your interest, please submit your application via the "APPLY" button below. Closing date for all applications will be Sunday, 9 February 2023.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 150150