Concrete Worker - Whangarei
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia are seeking experience concrete workers for a variety construction and maintenance projects in the trasnport and civil sectors.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
In this role, which is based in Whangarei, you will work in a team which delivers a range of civil construction projects including roads, pathways, cycleways, subdivisions and other concrete structures. Your tasks will include reading drawings, completing accurate take-offs of materials, constructing form-work, placing and finishing concrete and placing and tying steel.
Key terms and information
Depending on experience, this roles is paying $30 -33 per hour. This is a full time, permanent role, the minimum hours are 40 hours per week and working days are Monday to Friday from 7am to 3.30pm. There may be opportunities for overtime and overtime is applicable after 45 hours.
Minimum Qualifications, Work Experience & Skills
- No Formal qualifications are required.
- 3 years experience in placing and finishing all types of concrete
- The ability to read drawings and complete accurate take-offs of material
- The ability to construct detailed form work from drawings
- The ability to place and tie steel
- Previous experience in a health and safety focused environment.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical (including a drug and alcohol check) and a Ministry of Justice check