Reliability Team Lead - Tactical
Job Type: Full time
Ours is a world that is transforming and evolving. Our company purpose is to help people reach their destinations and in line with our sustainability aims, we plan to be part of the energy transition underway, which will involve the supply of the traditional fuels and products we use today while developing the energies and solutions needed for a lower carbon future. It requires people who want to grow and evolve with us. Bright minds, boundless energy, new perspectives and the determination to take us forward. People who can help us deliver the energy products that keep our customers and their businesses moving today, and are committed to building Australia’s energy future for tomorrow. We are the exclusive Shell licensee in Australia, and supply around a quarter of Australia’s fuel through our extensive network of over 1,330 service stations and through our commercial partnerships with some of Australia’s biggest companies in the aviation, marine, transport, resources, construction and manufacturing industries – we help industries reach their destinations too!
About the role
This is an amazing opportunity that provides a varied and challenging role where no two days are the same. You will use your problem solving and investigation skills as you lead, mentor and develop a high performing team. You will increase reliability of refinery assets through your knowledge of proactive monitoring techniques, condition based maintenance and effective responses to equipment breakdown.
Your day will be focused on people and operations leadership and liaison with key operations stakeholders to provide roatating equipment and electrical engineering support to mitigate risks to the delivery of the business plan. You will have accountability for;
- Development and implementation of strategies to proactively monitor equipment condition to facilitate optimally-timed condition based maintenance.
- Development of major equipment overhaul and breakdown repair scopes in line with these strategies.
- Development and implementation of tracking and assurance activities to ensure effectiveness of tactical strategies.
- Reliability improvement of rotating equipment, instrumentation and electrical assets.
- Delivery of technical support, including vendor liaison, to minimise the impact of equipment downtime.
- Liaison with key operations stakeholders to provide engineering support to mitigate risks to the delivery of the business plan.
- Assurance that asset-related failures are investigated and learnings shared and implemented.
- Assurance that all activities are conducted and managed in accordance with agreed Health, Safety and Environment practices.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have experience in an environment that champions safe and reliable operations. You have leadership experience in an operational engineering role within the energy sector, manufacturing or major hazard facility. You will have a Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering Degree.
Other desirable skills include:
- Knowledge of rotating equipment, instrumentation and electrical assets as found within the refinery, including failure mechanisms and proactive monitoring techniques.
- Knowledge of refining processes to understand the impact of asset reliability.
- Equipment life cycle strategies, such as RCM and TPM.
- Experience in failure analysis e.g. RCA.
- Excellent problem solving and equipment troubleshooting skills.
- Skilled communicator with the ability to explain concepts in simple, non-technical talk to all levels of refinery personnel
- Ability to lead multidisciplinary, cross functional teams.
- Ability to translate standards to an operational context and communicate to others.
- Comfortable coaching and delivering through others.
We describe our company as being driven by people. We believe diversity in the workplace is every bit as important as it is in everyday life. We have been awarded the WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for the past three years running. We encourage inclusivity and diversity in our company and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We recognise that you may have commitments and interests outside of work and offer a variety of flexible working arrangements to ensure your needs and aspirations are supported. We encourage and support diversity in our traditional and non-traditional roles.
We offer a supportive and collaborative environment, focused on innovation and developing a team of valued, specialised and highly capable professionals. We offer above market superannuation, 25% discount on Fuel and our parental leave provisions are industry leading.
At Viva Energy Australia, we believe flexibility is the new normal. So much so that we have developed and embedded Viva Flex. We are open to all flexibility options from hybrid working, remote working, part time, job share options to name a few. We are happy to discuss what this would look like for you as you start the recruitment process.
Apply now via the links
Applications close 4th October 2022.