Fitting & Turning Apprenticeships
Job Type: Full time
Viva Energy Austrailia is partnering once again with gforce for our 2023 Apprentice program.
gforce employment + recruitment is Geelong's largest employer of apprentices and trainees, with a strong history of providing innovative employment opportunities. gforce currently has an exciting opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to undertake an apprenticeship in the Fitting & Turning trade at a Geelong based refinery.
This Geelong Refinery supplies more than half Victoria's fuel, manufacture's bitumen to pave roads and jet fuel for Melbourne and Avalon Airports. It is an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality, demonstrated through a supportive and collaborative team culture. They strive to continue to break down barriers for people in non-traditional roles. We encourage applications from both female and Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander people.
What does a Fitter do?
A Fitter develops precision skills, becomes an expert at using a variety of hand tools and machines. Working with mainly steel, they make and adjust parts, build and fix motors, pumps and valves.
It is a hands-on role that requires accuracy, care, problem solving and team work.
A Fitter spends time in the workshop and also working out in the refinery, a high-risk environment that sees you work in a team responsible for keeping many aspects of the refinery working as they should be.
Fitting & Turning Apprenticeship (4-year apprenticeship)
The apprenticeship will involve learning all aspects of the trade including:
- Perform engineering measurements
- General machining
- Shut down and isolate machines/equipment
- Dismantle, replace and assemble engineering components
- Perform fault diagnostics, install and remove bearings
- Repair and fit engineering components
- Maintain and overhaul mechanical equipment
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes-
- Be reliable and motivated
- Enjoy hands on, manual work
- Have a good aptitude for mechanical systems
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Current Drivers licence and reliable vehicle is preferred
What to expect:
You will be required to work a 35-hour week (including TAFE training) and must be willing to work overtime and weekends when required.
As an apprentice of gforce, you will be a valued employee, provided with an experienced consultant to support, assist and encourage you in developing a long-term career in this industry.
Apply through links.
Applications close 6th December 2022