Customer Success Technical Account Manager
Job Type: Full time
Customer Success Technical Account Manager
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
Does helping Federal Government organisations achieve their business goals through the usage of technology inspire you? If it does, we have the perfect job opportunity for you!
As a Technical Account Manager (TAM), you will have the pleasure of using both your technical and your communication and collaboration skills to help our customers achieve their full potential through the adoption of VMware's technology.
In the TAM role, no day is the same and you will never be bored! You will interact daily with your assigned customers and will be able to make a real impact in their success as a business. TAMs find nothing more satisfying than being challenged and being able to turn challenges into positive outcomes. You will be able to manage your own schedule and priorities to help our customers achieve their goals and at the same time, maintain a great work/life balance. You will be able to create a long-term relationship with your assigned customers while developing an understanding of the customer’s technical goals as they align to their business goals and overall impact of VMware’s solutions on business results.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
During the first year, you will onboard into the TAM role and work with your assigned customers.
- The first thing that you will achieve is completing a well-organized five-week onboarding plan that will be prepared for you
- You will continue developing & maintaining deep technical knowledge & skills for a given VMware technology area.
- Three months after engaging with your customers, you will be able to articulate their long-term and short-term goals and how they connect to the bigger picture of their business — identifying the gaps that need to be resolved and working on a structured engagement plan with the customer.
- You will establish a long-term relationship with your customers
- You will partner with your customers to accelerate their desired outcomes through best practice guidance that enables rapid deployments and adoption of VMware technologies
- You will educate your customers on emerging technologies and align their technical roadmaps with VMware’s
- Between six to eleven months from your joining date, you will be able to present your achievements using the internal tools and deliverables that we will provide to you.
- You will provide project leadership, coordination, and architectural guidance for the customer’s major VMware initiatives.
- You will serve as an advocate for your customer(s), providing clear and constructive product feedback to VMware product management teams based on customer use-cases and requirements.
- If not already certified, you will aim to achieve your VCP (VMware Certified Professional) to help you achieve your goals and objectives.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As part of the Customer Success TAM team, you will be working for a long-term period with a number of assigned and strategic Federal customers. The activities performed are all aligned with a single purpose, to help our customers achieve their desired outcomes while using VMware technology. By helping our customers, we will also help drive the adoption and consumption of the VMware technologies the customer has purchased.
The number of customers will vary depending on which tier of service the customer purchases. You will also be collaborating with the broader VMware account team and specialists as you perform the following:
- Leverage a TAM playbook, delivery kits, and tools, which you will use to help guide your customer through the following activities:
- Deliver technology roadmaps & assessments that provide next step and outcome-focused plans
- Provide Solution Guidance & best practices review to identify performance optimization opportunities
- Optimize Operations to confirm activities are aligned with stated technology goals & priorities
- Provide Industry insights and benchmarking to realize cost savings and reduce operational risk
- You will use your organizational and planning skills to keep track of your customer's plans, adjusting as needed, and driving them to completion.
- You will help VMware to create ‘customers for life’ by collaborating with our Customer Success, Global Support, Education, Professional Services, Development, and Sales teams- all to make sure that we drive outcome-focused value to our customers.
- You will be AGSVA NV1 security cleared.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The CS TAM team is focused on outcomes, not just activity, helping our customers to consume their VMware solutions and to gain value from their partnership with VMware. We are critical to the success of VMware and celebrate our role in the future of the company. We strive to have a diverse, but unified team, one which is entirely focused on our customers and their success. We do the right thing for the customer so when our customers achieve their outcomes, we are successful too. We are an open team who share best practice, and everyone wants their colleagues to succeed and to develop a meaningful career and network within VMware and the industry. We support each other and want to give back to each other and our communities so welcome innovation and creativity at all levels to be a meaningful contributor in our countries and societies.
Where is this role located?
Flexible: The role is considered flexible and will be a mix of working from a local VMware office and Customer site.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
Category : Services and Consulting
Subcategory: Technical Account Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-09-18
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.