Senior Solution Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Senior Solution Engineer (Pre-Sales):
Due to the tremendous success VMware has enjoyed, an exciting opportunity exists within our growing Sales organisation for a Senior Solution Engineer (SE). This position represents an opportunity to join our dynamic company and become an integral part of a talented team transforming the technology landscape.
As a VMware Solution Engineer, you’ll play an important role in building and sustaining customer relationships, while driving the adoption of our solutions to achieve our revenue goals. As an SE you’ll also work very closely with our extended sales teams to build long-term business relationships within assigned named accounts and territories. The SE role is a high-impact and highly visible senior position, responsible for ensuring pervasive adoption of VMware software and solutions and assisting in closing transactions within your accounts.
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
An opportunity to work with a leading technology company that builds foundational IT platforms for companies all around the world. You will enjoy learning about the wide range of problems we solve for customers and how you can help them build better IT environments for the future. If you are looking forward to working on the latest and top of the line technology stack that VMware provides, along with strong learning opportunities, then this is the place to be !
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for a Solutions Engineer who can quickly learn our technology stack and apply those learnings to our customers. You need to be able to work closely with your sales counterpart as a trusted partner and penetrate an existing customer base to widen customers eyes beyond that of virtualisation.
- In the first 30-60 days you will get extensive training on the VMware product sets
- You will get introduced to your territories and work closely with the CORE pre-sales team
- Within 90 days you will have started setting up a regular cadence with your customers helping them with existing and future business opportunities
- You will be starting to build value propositions and presenting technical solutions to these customers.
- Within 180 days you will be able to be more interactive with customers around PoC’s, be hands on and start to demonstrate more VMware’s capabilities.
- You will start to feedback opportunities to the team, wins and use cases.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As a Senior Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for a number of regular activities and these will vary depending on your professional strengths and could include:
- Preparation of presentations to customers
- Building of technical proposals
- Leading regular cadence discussions around current and future projects
- Build and help run a greater team strategy with the different business units
- Tie VMware technology to how it would assist the customers business outcomes
- Assist with customer satisfaction concerns
- Communicate in a timely fashion to customer requests
- Assist with regular business reviews
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
This role reports to the Federal Region Solution Engineering Manager. They have an extensive background in technology and personnel management and take pride in being in the privileged position to lead a brilliant team. It is a diverse team where we encourage collaboration and build trust. We support each other, celebrate our wins, and share our mistakes and what we learned. The latter is key to building transparency, confidence, and a growth mindset. Finally…. We have fun in a close-knit Canberra community.
Where is the role located?
The role is based in VMware’s Canberra office and is open to candidates in the surrounding area.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behaviour challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
Any essential requirements for working at VMware?
Being a member of the VMware Canberra team means you will be interacting with one of our biggest customers in ANZ: The Federal Government. We will ask you to maintain a current Government security clearance or be willing to apply for a clearance as a requirement of the role. The cost of a clearance is picked up by VMware but the Government requires you to be an Australian Citizen.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-11-24
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.