Staff Engineer 2 - Edge Computing - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
Staff Engineer 2, Edge Computing
VMware is a leading provider of multi-cloud services for all apps, enabling digital innovation with enterprise control. Our software delivers the freedom and flexibility businesses need to build the future. The Edge Computing Team builds and operates the Edge Compute Stack for our customers and partners to enable this multi cloud journey extending compute to the Enterprise Edge. VMware Edge Compute Stack enables customers and partners to try, buy, configure, provision, add/remove capacity and enables a full range of compute, storage, networking, security, and management services for different vertical customers at the Edge.
In this role you will be the engineering technical lead responsible for building Edge Compute Stack as well as all our service integrations with emerging technology partners.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- A successful leader in this role would be able to deliver key components of the Edge Compute Stack.
- Within 30 days of employment become competent in VMware's multi-cloud journey and connect with peers.
- Within 90 days of employment, you have established yourself and you are well connected with all our technology partners.
- You will work closely with product management, business development and our partners to develop a 12-month roadmap.
- Within 180 days you have a cross-BU alignment, sign off on the roadmap from Product, and started to deliver some key milestones.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As Staff Engineer 2:
- You will apply your extensive knowledge of your service/SaaS development experience to deliver joint solutions.
- Define the product, service strategy and roadmap by working closely with product management.
- Representing the organization at the VP and SVP level
- Collaborate with your team, peers, and senior leadership to identify requirements, coordinate delivery, and integrate solutions for new features and functionality
- Involve in difficult and complex negotiations with partners to achieve the desired outcome.
- Recruit and help build out a capable and cohesive engineering team
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visitingbenefits.vmware.com.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
Generous Time Off Programs
40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2023-01-10
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.