Project Manager - Operational Technology
Job Type: Not Specified
- Fixed term 12-month role
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work on major projects to modernise our assets.
About the role:
Upgrading PLCs to latest standards. Upgrading network communications to 4G and 5G. Working on a $10m portfolio.
With our new corporate strategy underway, the OT team are working on some major projects to modernise our assets.
This 12-month role allows you the opportunity to deliver projects to Water Corporation processes, so that on completion you will be in a great position to pivot to other areas of the business.
The OT Project Delivery team are results focused - supporting flexible working hours, 40% work from home and 9-day fortnight. Which means you have more time for life outside of work.
What the role will involve:
- Execute the project in accordance with the Water Corporation Project Management Procedures and OSH, Environmental and Quality Management Systems.
- Monitor, control, review and forecast project outcomes including time, cost and quality.
- Understand fundamentals of control systems (such as SCADA) and communication networks to deliver projects in this subject matter
- Negotiate and establish contracts to procure services, equipment and works to achieve project objectives.
- Assess and approve progress claims for payment and ensure contractor performance reports on time, cost, OSH, quality and environment are completed.
- Understand the different contracting methodology and contractual terms as stipulated in General Procurement terms, AS 4902 and AS 4906
Key skills and experience:
You’ll have a degree level qualification in engineering, project management or relevant discipline.
You’ll have substantial experience with Operational Technology infrastructure and assets, and considerable knowledge of planning, design and construction of SCADA instrumentation and communications infrastructure.
Strong computing skills and knowledge of engineering software applications and Microsoft suite of
Systems, along with a strong knowledge and understanding of IT systems, database systems and interface.
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Applications close 27th September 2022
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete Pre-Employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check police clearance and Australian working rights check.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace:
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.”
Applicants with disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, or alternative methods of communication, can contact a Recruitment Officer at [email protected] or 9420 2000.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website.