Trainee Operator - Three Springs
Location: Three Springs
Job Type: Not Specified
- 12 month fixed term role based in Three Springs/ Coastal Midland District area
- Earn while you learn, with full mentoring and support
- Opportunity to complete Cert II & III in Water Industry Operations
Do you want to add a nationally recognised qualification to your CV? (Which we pay for)
Do you want a manager who will support you, guide you and mentor you?
You will be detecting leaks and repairing them.
You will be inspecting water catchment areas and collecting water samples.
You will actively participate in safe job planning, team meetings and workplace inspections.
You will work locally in the Three Springs area, alongside 4 supportive team members.
You will enjoy a friendly work / life balance (work 9 days a fortnight), there are no FIFO shifts so you get home each night.
- Seeking locals from the Three Springs/ Coastal midland district area, so you will never be too far from where you know and love living
- Successfully completed Year 10
- You must be working towards your Driver’s Licence or hold a WA ‘C Class’ Drivers Licence
- Strong Awareness of Safety
- Skilled in working with your hands
- Tasks vary from lifting gatic lids, turning valves, accessing chambers, using hand tools such as shifters and chainsaws
- In your role, you will complete heavy manual tasks in awkward postures at times including clearing blocked networks or hosing down areas
- You will work with experienced Operators and Managers, people who have been with the company for years, so you will learn from some of the best in the industry.
- You will complete a Cert II & III in Water Industry Operations in the relevant pathways while implementing all aspects of the learning on the job.
- You will have opportunities for development and future employment as an Operator after you complete your traineeship
- Starting Salary $77,346 incl. super ($69,996 plus 10.5% super) plus $3,540 location allowance
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity please submit a CV that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Please note: As part of the recruitment process you may be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace:
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.”
Applicants with disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, or alternative methods of communication, can contact a Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 9420 2000.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website.