Operations Manager - Main Conduit
Job Type: Not Specified
- Join the Goldfields and Agricultural Region and its communities!
- Work vehicle provided for this permanent position
- Salaries starting from $123,176 + Super 10.5%
- 15% overtime allowance
- Start date 9th January 2023
The Goldfields Pipeline – an engineering masterpiece that extends 560km pumping water from Mundaring to the Goldfields. Water Corporation continues to maintain C.Y O’Connor’s legacy and we are looking for an Operations Manager – Main Conduit.
About the role:
This Northam-based permanent full-time role will ensure the effective operations and maintenance of the Goldfields and Agriculture water supply main conduit and associated treatment, storage, and conveyance infrastructure assets.
You will have a good understanding of the main conduit which runs from Mundaring to Kalgoorlie. Organisational skills will be fundamental as during the summer months, you will plan, develop, and deliver a maintenance and investigation program on the main conduit assets to take place during the winter season.
Having solid communication skills, you will work closely with the districts in efficiently coordinating shutdowns of main supply to major towns, to repair pipes and replace valves. You will demonstrate the confidence to supervise activities performed by the crews, making sure tasks are completed accordingly and safely.
What’s in it for you?
- You will work for a very supportive Manager who will not micromanage. Your manager will look for the qualities of a proactive person, who can also self-manage.
- We offer 9-day fortnights (RDO).
- With your role, you will be provided a company Ute and work mobile.
- Work with a great crew that work closely and well together
What the role will involve:
- Your Work base will be between Northam Regional office and Cunderdin
- Ability to work away from home often
- Be available for after-hours emergency work
- Incident management
- Required to be on an Operations Manager standby roster
Key skills and experience:
- Tertiary level qualification in a relevant discipline and considerable experience and knowledge in managing operations and maintenance practices relating to major water services and assets
- Substantial experience and demonstrated capability of leading the delivery of capital intensive and customer focussed essential services in a geographical area.
- Considerable leadership and operational line management experience of a multi-disciplinary team
- Considerable experience and demonstrated achievements with planning and leading the implementation of change.
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity, please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Applications close 1st December 2022
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete Pre-Employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check police clearance and Australian working rights check.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace:
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences, and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected, and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection, and appointment processes.”
Applicants with disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, or alternative methods of communication, can contact a Recruitment Officer at email@example.com or 9420 2000.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website.