Job Type: Not Specified
Water Corporation is the principal supplier of water, wastewater and drainage services through the state of Western Australia. Our services, projects and activities span 2.6 million square kilometres. We employ over 2,746 people and manage an asset base over $37 bullion in water supply, wastewater, drainage infrastructure and bulk water for irrigations.
Our team is passionate about providing safe drinking water for the community and with an added benefit of having a beautiful outlook from their working sites.
About the role:
We currently have a permanent opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Tradesperson to be based at either our Lake Grace or Kulin Depots. In this role, the successful applicant will be responsible for the provision of mechanical services including scheduled and unscheduled installation, testing, maintenance, fault finding, repair and commissioning of all Water Corporation’s assets throughout the Region.
What the role will involve:
- Performing scheduled and unscheduled (breakdown) maintenance and installs components in water and wastewater systems.
- Performing complex isolation and shutdown procedures.
- Carrying out maintenance tasks and problem solving which requires application of knowledge of complex water treatment and chemical dosing systems
- Planning work and solving water industry problems
- Planning and preparing for maintenance projects on isolated assets
Key skills and experience:
- Mechanical Trade Certificate (Fitter/Machinist/Turner)
- Experience with chemical systems including chlorine
- Pneumatic/hydraulic systems
- Pressure regulating valves
- Ability to participate in standby rosters and be available for travel to assist other districts when required
- High Risk License
- WA ‘MR’ Class Drivers Licence
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity, please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
As part of the recruitment process you may be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Applications close Sunday, 4th December 2022
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace:
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.”
Applicants with disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, or alternative methods of communication, can contact a Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 9420 2000.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website.