Senior Engineer - Wastewater Conveyance Design
Job Type: Not Specified
- Prominent WA brand and purpose driven organisation
- Full-time, permanent opportunity, based in Leederville
- Salary Level 6: $123,176 + Super + Benefits
Advancing your career will advance our community too
Every Western Australian needs water to survive and thrive. So, we are looking for people who have a passion for meaningful, innovative work to help bring our vision to life, while facing up to the challenges of climate change.
You'll get to work flexibly alongside collaborators, creators, thinkers and doers to make a difference to lives all over WA.
Plus, you'll get the opportunity to carve a career path as diverse as the different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of our 3500+ people. Come thrive with us!
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Senior Engineer - Wastewater Conveyance to provide engineering expertise to undertake, manage and support the efficient delivery of design of ‘fit for purpose’ assets, developing both policy and standards that supports the delivery of our assets. This role is based in Leederville and will report to the Team Leader – Wastewater Conveyance Design.
What the role will offer
- Undertake the design of wastewater pump stations, pressure mains and gravity sewers.
- Manage consultants undertaking wastewater infrastructure design for Water Corporation. Review outputs and performance for conformity to agreed requirements, standards, time and cost
- Prepare briefs for engagement of consultants; evaluate consultant proposals and makes recommendations
- Manage the preparation of complex tender documents, undertake tender analysis and make recommendations
- Provide advice to and liaise with internal customers, external suppliers, service agencies, consultants, industry regulators and agencies in relation to infrastructure design
- Represent the Corporation in consultation and negotiations with Government agencies, local authorities, consultants, developers and community groups.
Key skills and experience
- Degree level qualification in Civil Engineering Experience in design of wastewater pumping stations, pressure mains and gravity sewers
- A chartered engineer or working towards chartered status with Engineers Australia will be desirable
- Considerable professional engineering experience in water infrastructure planning and design of infrastructure assets
- Considerable experience in and advanced knowledge of design, project management, asset management or operations
- Considerable experience in the in the preparation and review of complex technical reports and tender specifications for water industry infrastructure
- Demonstrate ability to analyse existing and / or proposed infrastructure assets in order to evaluate engineering and economic effectiveness and to present viable recommendations
Apply : If you are interested in the above opportunity, please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Applications close 5 December 2022
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to complete Pre-Employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace:
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.”
Applicants with disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, or alternative methods of communication, can contact a Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website.