Technical Officer - Scheduling
Job Type: Not Specified
- An opportunity to obtain experience, and upgrade on skills
- A consultancy position that supports operations
- Exposure to the operations of a Treatment Plant
About the role:
This role which will based at Woodman Point Treatment Plant, requires you to develop work plans that deliver balanced fortnightly work packages from SAP to deliver work and ensure Operations & Maintenance planners are well informed of outcomes. This is a permanent opportunity to support the Operations and Maintenance team.
What the role will involve:
- To provide ongoing advice regarding impacts on long term and short term work plans
- Review the effectiveness of work plans to improve the planning and decision making processes
- Using your local knowledge and available data to develop fortnightly work plans and advising on operational risk and asset reliability
- Balance the short term work plan to available resources, and determine appropriate action
- Contribute to the continuous improvement requirements for resource planning and budget management
- Monitor trends and progress, including performance against KPIs, in order to provide advice on planning resource constraints
Key skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and experience in field based asset operations or
- Considerable experience in field based asset operations and maintenance in a large infrastructure based service organisation.
- Strong capabilities in SAP or equivalent systems
- Broad understanding of asset operation and potential risks associated with delivery of planned operational activities and preventive maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to analyse data and drive the corrective action
- Well-developed interpersonal and negotiation skills
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Please note: By applying for this role, you are consenting to your current and previous line managers being contacted as references. It is strongly recommended that all internal applicants advise their line manager of any applications for acting or permanent positions prior to applying.
As part of the recruitment process you may be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Applications close 29th January 2023
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace:
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.”
Applicants with disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, or alternative methods of communication, can contact a Recruitment Officer at email@example.com or 08 9420 2000.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website.