Senior Analyst - Business Applications (GIS)
Job Type: Not Specified
- Join our Enterprise Applications team working across a broad range of projects
- Permanent opportunity based in Leederville - $123,176 + Super + Benefits
- Help shape decisions that will develop & sustain WA’s water sources
We’re embracing technology.
Care to join us on our journey to innovation?
Different backgrounds. Different experiences. Different areas of expertise. It’s our diverse mix of people that makes Water Corporation such a hugely rewarding place to work. As the principal supplier of water, wastewater and drainage services across Western Australia, we offer exciting career opportunities state-wide. Needless to say, we welcome ambitious new job seekers who share our commitment to providing excellent customer service for West Australians.
About the role
Water Corporation has embarked on an exciting period of system change, as our whole enterprise is shifting from Smallworld GIS to the ESRI ArcGIS platform. Join at the ground up to lend your expertise during this journey and support the delivery of our spatial investment program, while ensuring support for existing spatial systems.
Reporting to the Manager, Business Applications, your task is to keep the team aligned to the Water Corporation values of Future Thinking, Customer Focus and One Team to ensure we deliver appropriate, value for money solutions to our internal customers.
As a Senior Analyst - Business Applications (GIS) , you will be the GIS SME and technical specialist and manage the systems relating to all things spatial. You’ll be working with the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) team which supports and maintains platforms that range from ESRI, Small World, Maximo and a range of CAD / Engineering products.
Provide technical knowledge and support and delivery of changes relating to ESRI and Maximo suite of applications including mobility suites, Maximo Anywhere and ESRI Field Maps. You’ll use your application knowledge and skills to provide operational processing, higher level administration, development, learning and analysis to support the delivery of effective and efficient use of the Water Corporation’s Business Applications.
What the role will involve
- Provide technical leadership to a team of GIS developers providing support and advice on solution design and strategic direction for our application portfolio
- Providing IT services for an array of stakeholders in the Metro and Regional areas using methodologies all related to ITIL including: Incident, Problem, Change and Risk Management.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders internal/external and act as the primary contact for technical queries
- Participate in the development of corporate strategy for spatial data, applications and technologies
- Provide input into planning activities linked to the upgrade programs for major spatial applications
- SME support for projects, studies and customer queries relating to GIS platform services
- Support other Spatial Systems Analysts and end users
- Documenting, Configuring and/or coordinating, the development, testing, of approved applications changes
Key skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Geography, Computer Science, GIS, or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated experience leading, engaging and communicating with various stakeholders and ability to manage projects from inception to delivery
- Demonstrated knowledge of the use of ESRI ArcGIS Applications and/or GE Smallworld
- Use of GIS Data modelling tools, Data query languages SQL and Python and ETL software such as FME
- Working knowledge of ITIL and ITSM including the use of process tools such as Service Now
- Knowledge of Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Systems such as Maximo and SAP
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Applications close Sunday 5th February 2023
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete Pre-Employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
Applicants with disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, or alternative methods of communication, can contact a Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9420 2000.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website