Specialist - Cyber Security
Job Type: Not Specified
- Join our Cyber Security team based in Leederville
- Develop your career with exposure to a number of high profile transformation projects
- 18 month opportunity with flexible work arrangements – from $123,176 + Super + Benefits
We’re embracing technology.
Care to join us on our journey to innovation?
Different backgrounds. Different experiences. Different areas of expertise. It’s our diverse mix of people that makes Water Corporation such a hugely rewarding place to work. As the principal supplier of water, wastewater and drainage services across Western Australia, we offer exciting career opportunities state-wide. Needless to say, we welcome ambitious new job seekers who share our commitment to providing excellent customer service for West Australians.
About the role
As a Cyber Security Specialist at Water Corporation, you’ll be one of our 800 professionals who work with 7 different groups, 50 functions, and 3,800 employees every day. This is an opportunity to work alongside and learn from creative, talented colleagues, who bring a range of diverse perspectives to work each day.
Using your knowledge and experience in scoping cyber security projects and ensuring quality outcomes are delivered you’ll provide guidance on how to mitigate vulnerabilities and risks.
Your days are interesting, varied and challenging. You’ll work closely with key stakeholders across the business to bring together project requirements to ensure that gaps and weaknesses in cyber security controls are addressed appropriately.
You will be able to analyse vast amounts of complex data from multiple sources and convert these into business requirements to ensure thorough scoping is achieved for each project. You will remain engaged throughout the project lifecycle and be responsible for ensuring quality outcomes are delivered.
Support our Cyber Security Capability Improvement Manager to deliver a broad range of projects to uplift control maturity as well as mitigating risk. Your experience will help you research, scope and deliver solutions that align with the latest cyber security thinking and standards.
At Water Corporation we offer flexible working, providing you an opportunity to work a mix of both home and at our office in Leederville, creating a better balance for you.
What the role will involve
- Ensure identified cyber security risks are adequately addressed through cyber security projects
- Work with our key stakeholders on the delivery of projects within the cyber security program
- Review project artefacts as required throughout the cyber program project life cycle
- Facilitate evaluation of the effectiveness and drive improvement of security controls to ensure all systems, IT and OT infrastructure, hardware, software, and access levels are fit for purpose
- Ensure projects remain aligned to the cyber security strategy, changes in threat landscape, business direction and legislation
- Measure and report risk reduction and maturity uplift upon completion of each project
- Responsible for the operational management and reporting pertaining to the corporate risk and cyber security threats with remediation initiatives
- Support operational performance of Water Corporation’s Cyber Security Committee and associated reporting and duties
Key skills and experience
You’ll have a tertiary qualification in IT, Communications Technology, or ICT related field, with experience delivering cyber security projects and have demonstrated stakeholder management skills. Exposure to business planning and procurement processes, and experience with planning, design, acquisition, or operational delivery of cyber security projects will ensure success in this role.
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Applications close Sunday 5th February 2023
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete Pre-Employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
Applicants with disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, or alternative methods of communication, can contact a Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9420 2000.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website