Safety Operations Business Partner
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Safety Operations Business Partner at Perth Head Office on a permanent full-time basis.
About this role
As the Safety Operations Business Partner you will be required to lead and / or support the business in the management of complex incident investigations which have an impact on safety, environment, quality, training and present a potential reputational risk to Western Power.
To provide professional advice and support to the business regarding safety, environmental, quality and training to deliver the highest level of performance through effective engagement with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate and facilitate risk assessments with key stakeholders.
- Develop project implementation and stakeholder engagement plan for workforce safety, health and environment proactive initiatives.
- Manage and/or facilitate incident investigations and ensure the timely reporting of incidents to meet regulatory obligations and commitments.
- Develop and support the implementation of best practice investigation and reporting procedures.
- Proactively Identify opportunities for improvement to minimise Safety Health and Environment risk/loss.
- Influence improvements to standard designs, work practices, data quality and asset information to improve the performance of the network and our workforce.
- Deliver investigation findings and training, where required, to internal and external customers to improve safety.
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Bachelor qualification in Health & Safety, Environment or a related discipline or 5+ years demonstrated relevant work experience
- Completed an investigation course
- Strong investigation, communication and report writing skills
- Sound knowledge and experience of safety, health and environment regulatory requirements of at least 5+ years
- Ability to communicate and engage competently to both middle managers and frontline staff
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to prioritise work and critically assess own performance
- Valid WA Driver’s License Class ‘C’ or ‘C-A’
- Willingness to travel for work to various locations in which Western Power operates
- Willingness to participate in an on-call availability roster.
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 30 September 2022
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.