Senior Cyber Security Risk Specialist
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Cyber Security Risk Specialist at our Perth Office, on a Permanent basis.
About this role
As the Senior Cyber Security Risk Specialist, you will be required to provide subject matter expertise across our cyber security governance, risk, compliance and assurance capabilities; and drive the effective management of cyber security risks across the organisation. As part of the Cyber Security Risk and Assurance team you will be responsible for owning and overseeing cyber security assurance activities, providing day-to-day cyber security risk management services, and acting as a cyber security advisor across all parts of our business.
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Experience supporting the overall design and delivery of a cohesive cyber security risk management and assurance capability (e.g. overall framework, processes, and enabling technologies)
- Experience defining and continually improving cyber security assurance plans
- Experience scoping, designing and overseeing cyber security assurance activities
- Experience delivering cyber security risk and control maturity assessments and operating day-to-day risk management activities
- Experience communicating and reporting on cyber security risk and assurance outcomes at the tactical, operational and strategic level
- Familiarity with commonplace cyber security risk management and assurance frameworks and methodologies
- Excellent communication and soft skills; including the ability to tailor and clearly present information to technical and non-technical audiences, confidently engage with senior stakeholders, and support driving improvements in organisational cyber security culture
- Broad familiarity with Enterprise IT environments including endpoints, applications, networks, servers, storage, mobile technologies, and cloud environments; in addition to security technologies and security architecture principles
- Adaptability and resilience working in dynamic and rapidly transforming organisation and technology environment
- Over five (5) years experience working in a cyber security role
- Over five (5) years experience working in asset-intensive industries
- Broad familiarity with Operational Technology (OT) environments, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), and Industrial Control Systems (ICS) – e.g., SCADA, radio and telecommunications networks, Distributed Energy Resources (DER), Advanced Metering Networks (AMI)
- Tertiary qualification in Cyber Security, Risk Management, Information Technology, or Engineering disciplines
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 4 October 2022
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.