Business Solution Architect
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Solution Architect at Perth Head Office, on a Permanent Full-Time basis.
About this role
This role will suit technology professionals who would like to transition into and develop themselves as a solution architect.
As the Solution Architect, you will be required to:
- Direct the translation of requirements by external ICT service providers into high-level and detailed solution designs that satisfy business expectations and ICT standards and maximise return on Western Power’s portfolio of ICT investments
- Oversee the development of design documentation for external and internal developers and configuration specialists, provide ongoing guidance to support delivery and perform quality assurance on outputs
- Monitor and report on the progress of programs and projects against solution designs and quality of deliverables, drive remedial actions and escalate issues where necessary
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across Western Power to manage the design of solutions for complex problems within the parameters of business need and availability of budget and skills
- Work effectively with external and internal suppliers to deliver business outcomes
- Participate in continuous improvement of ICT through innovation and the implementation of good practice applicable to the business needs, plus contribute to a positive environment that encourages individual development and continuous improvement
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Minimum of 5 or more years of current experience as an ICT professional with knowledge and experience in analysis, design or development of technical solutions within a large distributed ICT organisation
- Some technical knowledge in an ICT domain with some cloud and/or application and/or integration experience.
- Passion to develop yourself as a solution architect in a complex environment with guidance from our senior solution architects.
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 4th October 2022
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.