Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Lineworker at our Albany Depot, on a permanent full-time basis.
About this role
As a Lineworker you will be required to construct and maintain the distribution electricity network to maintain the integrity of the network in a safe, reliable and affordable manner to ensure an uninterrupted supply to customers and within all applicable guidelines and regulations.
At the Q2 level the application of multiple post trade qualifications will be required in line with core competencies, values and behaviours outlined in this position description and framework.
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Demonstrated industry experience in the construction and maintenance of the distribution electricity network
- Certificate III in ESI – Power System Distribution Overhead
- Valid WA ‘HR’ Class Drivers Licence (HC Licence preferred but not essential)
- Service Connection Testing (Direct and Multi Master) is essential
- HOU and LOU Switching is highly regarded but not essential
- Glove and Barrier and / or LV XLPE Cable Jointing will be regarded, but is not essential
- Unplanned work and streetlight experience are preferred but not essential
- Participate in a on call roster
- C6 Crane Ticket and WP Crane Supplementary preferred but not essential
- Current Commercial Driver Medical
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to six Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, People with Disability and Youth/Age – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2025 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within six months
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 14th October 2022
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.