Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Asset Engineer at our Perth Head Office, on a Permanent Full-Time basis.
About this role
As the Asset Strategy Engineer you will be Accountable for applying best practice asset management strategies to deliver optimal life cycle performance for a nominated asset class. This includes the development and application of maintenance standards, condition and life assessment and risk mitigation, ongoing technical support and the preparation of work plans.
- Provide optimal technical solutions, technical support and problem solving on the nominated assets
- Network asset failure investigation and the root cause analysis of asset failures
- Development and application of maintenance standards, condition and life assessment for distribution assets (and the associated accessories)
- Assessment of asset condition and associated risks for developing prioritised asset lists for maintenance and/or asset replacement programs for the Network Plan
- Assists with asset replacement and maintenance program documentation, as and when required within annual work program and regulatory cycles
- Works with asset sponsors and the appropriate stakeholders across the organisation to develop opex and capex plans for distribution assets, in line with the Investment Governance Framework
About you (Do not remove or change this section)
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Tertiary qualified with a university degree in electrical engineering and be eligible for chartered membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia
- At least 4 to 6 years sound knowledge of engineering standards and regulations applicable to distribution assets.
- Strong and demonstrated technical experience in a Networks business especially distribution maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability in applying continuous improvement methodologies
- Good communication skills and customer focus
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 2nd December 2022
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.