Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Billing Analyst at Perth Head Office on a permanent basis.
About this role
As the Billing Analyst you will be required to:
- Provide a ‘centre of technical excellence’ within the team and across the organisation for all aspects, including improve data quality, analytics and insights, supporting the development of new and innovative concepts and solutions, improving data processes and systems, assist managing relationships with data stakeholders and providing relevant technical advice to interested parties.
- Key accountability of this position includes providing accurate, relevant, and timely forecast and analysis of tariff revenue to support corporate processes such as pricing, business planning, accounting, and budgeting.
- Ensure compliance to revenue invoicing processes to mitigate incorrect billing and reputational damage. Review non-compliance to revenue processes and contribute to the rollout of information for education and awareness programmes.
- Required to consider future implications beyond the immediate term and may involve the creation of new approaches and procedures to ensure compliance
- Ensure compliance with relevant Code obligations in high volume transactional business
- Provides data management, analysis, forecasting and modelling
- Investigate, evaluate, and report on data and systems in respect to defined quality, irregularities, and maintenance criteria
- Document new or modified policies, standards, specifications, and associated documentation
- Monitor and manage policies, policy prioritisation, budgets, and resources
- Relevant processes and guidelines are reviewed, updated, approved, and distributed
- Accrual’s process is streamlined and rollout across the business
- Reduction in incorrect billing as the business adopts the revenue invoicing processes
- Timely Credit/Debts to Market Participants increased as the business adopts the better processes
- Assist in the development and delivery of training and or in the dissemination of information
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- An experienced professional with at least 6+ years’ sound professional experience in business analysis, with advanced conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Proven success in implementing business process improvements.
- Strong experience with the use of data modelling techniques to provide accurate, reliable forecast and analysis to support business planning and decisions.
- Excellent attention to detail, with solid experience in delivering accurate, timely and relevant corporate and enterprise reporting.
- Sound financial acumen with ability to analyse complex data and translate these into business and financial impact.
- Interaction with others is primarily concerned with influencing, developing, and motivating people and changing behaviour.
- Knowledge of metering and/or working in a financial sector or regulated industry is highly desirable.
- Experience in the development of policy, procedures, and guidelines
- Experience in SQL, Power BI, Qlik and data visualisation tools highly desire
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 5th December 2022
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.