Tmp Sourcing Specialist
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Sourcing Specialist at our Perth Office, on a 12 Month Max Term contract.
About this role
As the Sourcing Specialist for the Stand-alone Power Systems (SPS) program you will be required to be responsible for increasing value by improving safety, service, quality, and compliance outcomes whilst reducing risk and costs across Western Power SPS contracts. This includes the creation and handover at award of contracts. This also includes executing the sourcing strategy and the formation and execution of commercially suitable commercial agreements to maximise the value derived from the contracts.
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Degree qualified in Procurement, Contract, Business, Finance and/or related discipline and/or suitable demonstrated experience
- Demonstrated sound knowledge and experience in developing and executing sourcing strategies to generate value, tender management, and procurement
- Demonstrated strong understanding of risk and compliance management and its application with respect to procurement
- Demonstrated customer and results focus
- Demonstrated strong influencing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to review and assess financial & pricing models
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and experience in Contract Law, Construction Law, Australian Consumer Law and related legislation and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise work and critically assess own performance
- Demonstrated strong conceptual and analytical skills
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 8 December 2022.
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.