Team Coordinator - Kalgoorlie
Location: Kalgoorlie - Boulder
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Team Coordinator at our Kalgoorlie depot on a permanent basis.
About this role
As the Team Coordinator you will be required to Plan and take a lead role in coordinating onsite work activities enabling teams to construct and maintain the transmission and/or distribution electricity network in a safe, reliable, and affordable manner to ensure an uninterrupted supply to customers. In this role, you will also be required to:
- Be responsible for safety in the work environment and ensure safe work practises are followed and a safe work environment maintained.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the teams are meeting the required performance each day, in the completion of work. Work cooperatively within the teams and across Western Power. Maintain open communication with team members and stakeholders
- Receive, evaluate, and prepare work parcels for implementation. Schedule internal/external resources required to perform work
- Ensure prompt attendance to faults and isolate the network for repairs to maintain the integrity of the network and minimise customer impact
- Demonstrate as a role model, personal behaviours in line with business values, codes, standards, and expectations
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Certificate III in ESI – Power Systems Distribution / Transmission Overhead OR Certificate III in ESI – Power Systems Distribution Cable Jointing
- Valid WA ‘C’ Class Drivers Licence (subject to business requirements)
- Relevant Network Authorisation including Construction industry white card and Basic Emergency Life Support (within the first month of employment)
- Demonstrated industry experience in the construction and maintenance of transmission and/or distribution electricity network
- Application of Western Power’s IT systems as required
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to six Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, People with Disability and Youth/Age – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2025 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 19/12/2022
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.