Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Communications Technician to join the team. This is a fulltime position based in Mount Claremont and will require extensive travel in both Metro and Country areas.
About this role
Based in Mount Claremont as a Field Telecommunications Network specialist, you will work within a team to configure commission and maintain the Operational Telecommunications Network equipment and other supporting systems.
This role will give you the opportunity to work on a wide variety of telecoms systems such as but not limited to power supplies, cable frames, PDH and SDH equipment, analogue and digital mobile radio, Ethernet networks, radio and fibre bearers as well as specific power utilities systems such as tele-protection and power line carrier systems.
The successful candidate will be methodical in nature to assist in the equipment configuration, programming and cutovers of 64Kb/s, E1, STM1-4 and Ethernet services. Previous knowledge in Nokia, Ericsson, CISCO equipment will be an advantage.
In addition to this you should be able to work in a dynamically changing work priority environment and will have strong interpersonal skills paired with the ability to work well and maintain relationships within your immediate team and across the business. You will be required to work autonomously from time to time.
Applicants are required to have a Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering or equivalent in communication/electrical engineering or relevant discipline, coupled with demonstrated relevant technical experience preferable in a utility telecommunications or related industry. SCADA and Power System industry knowledge is highly desirable.
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Diploma in Electrotechnology / Electronics / Telecommunications or Radio / telecommunications Trade Certificate
- Knowledge of Telecommunications equipment installation, commissioning, maintenance and operations;
- Preferably 2 to 4 years technical experience in the SCADA or Telecommunications industry;
- Knowledge of engineering standards, regulations and procedures;
- CCNA/CCNP certification would be advantageous;
- Knowledge of Western Power’s Safety policies and procedures – desirable;
- Good interpersonal and team skills;
- High level of computer literacy
- Must have Valid WA Driver’s License Class ‘C’ or ‘C-A.’
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.