Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Document Controller at Perth Head Office on a (12 month) basis.
About this role
As the Document Controller you will be required to:
- Manage the document and record control processes, systems, and workflows and to conduct audits on internal documents ensuring compliance with legislative and ISO 9000 / 9001:2015 – Quality Management System requirements.
- Assist in developing guidelines explaining document control requirements and the framework that will need to be adhered to, including document review, authorisation, version control and the maintenance of controlled document register
- As part of the document review process ensure that documents are maintained to the necessary quality standard and that references to other documents, systems, processes, roles and Western Power structures are still relevant and correct
- Manage controlled documents within the function ensuring that records are maintained to meet the relevant legislation, regulation and standards of Western Power
- Provide training to the Function in the support and maintenance of the EDM system
- Maintain the EDM filing system
- Maintain relevant document registers
- Drive and assist Function with managing document and technical query review timeframes
- Ensure any records produced within the Function, are appropriately retained in accordance to Documented Procedures, and in a timely manner
- Work to achieve the desired compliance culture and outcomes
- Conduct any internal audits as per the internal audit schedule
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- A minimum of 5 years sound and demonstrated experience in document control administration and management or a similar discipline
- Specialist document control systems and processes knowledge
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to details skills
- Customer focus with the ability to define and display the WP values
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to positively influence and lead employees.
- Valid WA Driver’s License Class ‘C’ or ‘C-A
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 10/02/23
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.