Operational Technical Officer
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Operational Technical Officer at our Stirling depot in a permanent full time position.
About this role
As the Operational Technical Officer you will be required to provide sound construction and maintenance technical support and advice on the transmission / distribution network by investigating, evaluating, reporting, and providing recommendation in relation to new technologies, plant and equipment, training and works practices matters.
To provide technical support to the RTO through coordinating external training and deliver local training to meet operational requirements.
- That Safety is always the overarching value
- Carry out work practices audits to ensure compliance with established work processes and procedures and provide coaching when required
- Regular checking of network compliance tool and Q Tracker, arrange training when required to maintain personnel competency’s and apprentice training modules
- Prepare technical reports, procedures and assist formal leaders with incident investigations;
- Provide training / assistance in use of PowerOn Fusion, ENAR, FMS, Q- Tracker, Switching, Depot pack and other IT systems for the operational workforce
- Scheduling regular testing and inspection of load rated or electrically rated equipment i.e. HV rated tools, portable appliance testing, rated EWP lifting gear, tagging for electrical leads, program earths, ladders, fire extinguishers etc. and maintain registers etc.
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- A current Certificate III in ESI - Power Systems - Distribution Cable Jointing and/or Certificate III in ESI - Power Systems - Distribution Overhead
- Preferably 4 - 6 years advanced technical experience in networks construction, maintenance and operations field practices and procedures
- Knowledge of engineering/design standards, regulations, and procedures applicable to the area
- Sound communications skills, both written and verbal that enable effective interaction between key stakeholders.
- Be a highly disciplined, self-starting member of a dynamic team.
- Willingness to work and travel to other depot locations, as required
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to six Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, People with Disability and Youth/Age – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2025 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to be launching our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 31st January 2023
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.