Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
It’s our mission to build a world that communicates more humanly. Since 2001, we’ve been delivering innovative and powerful communication solutions. Today, we’re a communication intelligence company applying powerful machine intelligence and carefully developed algorithms to deliver effective human engagement at scale even when we are not face to face — all guided by our values of Listening, Respect, Innovation, and Passion.
Our customers use Whispir to communicate across multiple channels from SMS to email, to dynamic landing pages, voice and more – all easily configured to meet their specific needs. All of our customers benefit from our low code – no code platform and powerful APIs. Our promise is to deliver a platform capable of achieving the world’s highest engagement rates.
About the position:
This role sits within Whispir’s Engineering and Architecture team. The team is responsible for setting the architectural strategy, discovering and defining platform capabilities, creating technical designs and building reference architectures and other guardrail assets.
Your responsibilities include participating in a diverse and distributed team of software developers and engineers, collaborating with technical leads, product managers and other technology professionals to design the next generation of Whispir services.
- Develop domain expertise in CPaaS and support cross-functional engineering teams through the creation of C1-3 level architectural designs (Context, Containers & Components)
- Collaborate with other senior engineers and architects to solve complex problems including developing deep domain knowledge in multiple parts of the Whispir technology stack
- Drive evolutionary change in architecture and assist delivery teams in becoming aware of problems around the corner
- Proactively manage key stakeholders on short, mid and longer term initiatives
- Develop strong collaborative relationships across Engineering, Product, Agile Delivery and Technical Operations (DEVOPS) on planning, delivery and support
- Work closely with information security and platform teams to implement compliance architecture features and other security improvements
- An expert in one of more Architecture domains and experience operating in a Technical Architecture or similar role
- A great communicator, influencer and an ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- You can demonstrate expert knowledge of one or more scaled online platforms from your professional experience
- A proven ability to work within long-term time frames and anticipate opportunities or problems that are likely to arise
- A detail oriented problem solver who enjoys collaboration with others
- Strong knowledge of AWS, online and event based engineering patterns
- Have an appetite for understanding industry trends and participating with technical communities
- Support Engineers
Why We Think You Will Love Working at Whispir:
- Totally flexible working hours because you know how to get the most out of your day
- Birthday paid leave
- Volunteer and engage with community paid leave
- Ongoing monthly WFH allowance
- Women of Whispir program to connect senior female leaders with women across the company to promote connection, networking and mentoring opportunities
Whispir is an endorsed employer for all women; check out our benefits directly at WORK180:Whispir Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
We still want to hear from you, even if you don’t meet all of the above requirements. If you’re ready to change the way our world communicates, Apply Now!
Diversity & Inclusion
Whispir places a high value on inclusion. Those from under represented communities are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is definitely not limited to, people with a lived-experience of mental ill health, culturally and linguistically diverse people, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities.
We take our core values seriously and work hard to create an environment where you feel welcomed. Teams who reflect a diversity of experience, identity, perspective, and background help us to create a healthy & inclusive working culture
If this has resonated with you, we look forward to hearing from you soon!