Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
It’s our mission to build a world that communicates more humanly. Since 2001, we’ve been delivering innovative and powerful communication solutions. Today, we’re a communication intelligence company applying powerful machine intelligence and carefully developed algorithms to deliver effective human engagement at scale even when we are not face to face — all guided by our values of Listening, Respect, Innovation, and Passion.
Our customers use Whispir to communicate across multiple channels from SMS to email, to dynamic landing pages, voice and more – all easily configured to meet their specific needs. All of our customers benefit from our low code – no code platform and powerful APIs. Our promise is to deliver a platform capable of achieving the world’s highest engagement rates.
About the Position
We're growing. Fast. Our global expansion necessitates a talented and experienced Platform Engineer to help optimise and support its globally expanding on premise and AWS presence, with a record of building & maintaining high performance, resilient systems. You'll be working in a growing, Agile DevOps environment dedicated to our cross-channel cloud communications software.
- Participation and leadership in solution design and architecture discussions in collaboration with developers and other DevOps engineers
- Platform maintenance and identification of improvement opportunities in close cooperation with developers and other lines of business
- Setup, configuration and deployment of network and infrastructure, including hardware and virtual machines in on premises and AWS environments
- Participation in On-Call rotation to support trouble resolution during business and non-business hours and support for disaster recovery/ business continuity efforts as required
- Review and understand technical and functional design requirements to build solutions
- Identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions with a consistent leaning towards automation
- Participate in incident response, diagnosis and resolution
- Perform platform maintenance and client support tasks
- Adhere to operational procedures such as time keeping, task allocation, status reporting
- Actively contribute to internal programs
- Be knowledgeable and ‘up to date’ with software development domain knowledge including industry trends, technologies, frameworks and techniques
- Be knowledgeable and ‘up to date’ with Whispir products
- Proactively seek opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies
- Share acquired skills and knowledge of competitor or complementary products with the team
Even if you don't meet this criteria perfectly but believe you have lots to bring to the role, we encourage you to apply. We know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap - you don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
- Expert skills in Linux and Linux internals
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or similar cloud services
- Expert skills with Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code tools. Preferably Ansible, Packer, Terraform, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Knowledge of software deployment patterns and processes
- Knowledge of best practices for implementing security and compliance controls in cloud environments
- Experience working with virtualization in an on-premise environment
- Proven troubleshooting skills, with a strong focus on root cause analysis and remediation
Why We Think You Will Love Working at Whispir
- Totally flexible working hours because you know how to get the most out of your day
- Birthday paid leave
- Volunteer and engage with community paid leave
- Ongoing monthly WFH allowance
- Women of Whispir program to connect senior female leaders with women across the company to promote connection, networking and mentoring opportunities
Whispir is an endorsed employer for all women; check out our benefits directly at WORK180: Whispir Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
Diversity & Inclusion
Whispir places a high value on inclusion. Those from under represented communities are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is definitely not limited to, people with a lived-experience of mental ill health, culturally and linguistically diverse people, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities.
We take our core values seriously and work hard to create an environment where you feel welcomed. Teams who reflect a diversity of experience, identity, perspective, and background help us to create a healthy & inclusive working culture
If this has resonated with you, we look forward to hearing from you soon!