Job Type: Full time
About this Opportunity
Our operations at Maules Creek Mine are seeking safe and efficient production digger operators to join the team on a permanent basis.
- Operate our fleet of Hitachi Excavators – EX3600, EX5600, EX8000
- Meet production and budgetary targets
Demonstrate visible safe working practises and application of JSA’s
Who are we looking for?
Operators who can demonstrate a commitment to safety, maintain a high work output level and contribute to a collaborative organisational culture. Requirements include:
- Production mining experience with statements of competency/VOC’s for equipment
- Live local to the Gunnedah area or willing to relocate (financial assistance provided)
- Ability to work 12.5hr day/night shifts on the lifestyle roster (4/4/6/4)
Current Drivers Licence
What’s on offer?
We offer diverse opportunities in the thriving Gunnedah region and beyond where you can aim high and grow your career. We value our teams, and provide industry-leading benefits, such as:
- Full time permanent role with career advancement opportunities
- Attractive wages and bonus structure – including $3k retention bonus paid every 3 months!
- Relocation packages provided or temporary accommodation for 3 months
- BIBO from multiple pickup locations from the local towns
- 5 weeks annual leave & 26 weeks maternity leave
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
- Referral scheme – refer a friend and receive $3k!
$1k Company shares allocation + retail discounts
Why bring your skills to Whitehaven Coal?
Our current operating assets include three open cut and one underground mine all located in the Gunnedah Basin. We are the largest coal mining operator in this region and extending our assets locally and into Queensland. We know that one of our greatest assets is our people. That’s why we’re committed to attracting, motivating and retaining the very best.
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. We are striving for an inclusive workplace that brings people from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants of diversity of gender, culture and experience. To be considered for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.