Advisor - Health, Safety & Training
Job Type: Full time
The Health, Safety & Training Advisor is responsible for promoting positive health and safety culture and working with other Departments to maintain the required level of compliance across all work areas on site.
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal are the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. With a culture based on our values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Value and Excellence, our reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations continues to grow.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Health, Safety and Training Advisor, reporting to the Gunnedah CHPP Manager, for our Gunnedah CHPP.
What you’ll Do
- Assist the Health Safety and Training Superintendent develop and implement internal health and safety strategies, plans and policies necessary to optimise business performance and compliance
- Proactively identify and report on potential areas of health, safety and compliance risks
- Monitor the site’s emergency preparedness and response equipment and capabilities
- Participating in site WHS Committee meetings, work area pre-start meetings and toolbox meetings
- Providing advice, support and coaching to site personnel as required
What You’ll Bring
- Knowledge of NSW WH&S Legislation and statutory requirements
- High level of administration experience as well as written and oral communication skills
- Experience with WHC360, Onsite and SharePoint desirable
- Experience in the mining Industry
- Full relocation packages
- 26 weeks paid parental leave
- Salary sacrifice opportunities
- Career development, mentorships and coaching.
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the workplace. We are striving for an inclusive workplace that brings people from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants of diversity of gender, culture and experience.
To be considered for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.
Whitehaven Coal are an endorsed Circle Back Initiative Employer
Reward. Opportunity. Recognition.
You’ve got this!