Head of Corporate Security & Investigations (852156)
Location: Baulkham Hills
Job Type: Full time
About Woolworths Group
Woolworths Group is a food and everyday needs retailer united by the shared purpose of creating better experiences together for a better tomorrow. With more than 1,400 stores across its Woolworths Supermarkets, Countdown Supermarkets (New Zealand) and BIG W brands, and fast-growing eCommerce businesses, Woolworths Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest retailer. A top 10 company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), Woolworths Group employs more than 180,000 team members and serves more than 20 million customers a week.
Head of Corporate Security & Investigations
We know that managing risk well creates confidence for our leaders and teams. It enables us to deliver on our purpose, business objectives and creates a more resilient Woolworths Group. Reporting to our Chief Security Officer, this is a pivotal and exciting opportunity for a strategic and dynamic leader to bring our Group purpose to life. Providing leadership and guidance this role will directly influence the end to end outcomes of our security risk management strategy, fraud, investigations, incident management, people and asset protection objectives.
The Head of Corporate Security & Investigations plays a key role in promoting a culture that encourages risks to be openly shared, discussed and optimised. This role will partner across the Woolworths Group to enable a secure Woolworths through the protection of our people and assets, embedding best practice and driving alignment. Leading and operationalising an effective approach to Security & Investigations providing clarity, uplifting mindset, capability and engagement.
This role will also see you:
- Identify, develop, implement and maintain security and intelligence processes across the Group to reduce risks, respond to incidents and limit exposure to liability
- Lead, manage and escalate any major and serious business disruption including working with internal and external stakeholders to consider emerging risks and plan and escalate accordingly
- Deliver global security profiles and assessments to build structured asset protection protocols
- Work collaboratively to develop an analytical capability to enable proactive investigations and detection of criminal activity through advanced data mining capability
- Build and sustain a strong risk culture including a balanced approach by working on consultation with all lines of defence across the Group
- Actively participate in the Strategic Planning process to ensure that risk issues are appropriately addressed in the Strategic Plan and Risk Appetite Statement
- Anticipate and proactively lead and develop preventive strategies to more effectively manage external threats and establish our Group approach to business threats
- Actively participate in the business response to major incidents and look for proactive and strategic opportunities for prevention
- Build and drive our fraud and corruption approach and implement measures that will minimise financial and reputational exposure
- Assist in the development of the security and intelligence strategy, and developing strong working relationships with Law Enforcement
- Lead, coaching and mentoring team members
Who we’re looking for:
You’re a commercial leader, with an exceptional ability to influence, establish and maintain strong relationships with all levels of stakeholders, particularly senior leaders. Proactively bringing ideas and suggestions to the table based on your practical experience and commercial insight. Experience working in a complex, matrixed organisation, ideally within retail, complex services or product sector.
You will also demonstrate:
- A purpose led approach to leadership with strong ways of working, focused on end to end solutions and driving a purpose led culture
- Demonstrating strength of judgement and resilience
- A strong combination of technical risk excellence and commercial understanding with proven ability to build sustainable relationships to partner and coach senior leaders
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to build and develop high performing teams through a period of transformation as we pursue our people & technology-driven strategy
- An ability to provide insight on results to assist senior leaders in driving the business forward
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to solve complex business problems that span multiple teams and businesses
- Working in an agile environment, with a track record of leading complex projects and working with a broad set of cross functional stakeholders.
What’s in it for you?
- Join a team undergoing a transformation and be part of the evolution of the function
- Bring your whole self to work and access wellbeing benefits that centre on your mental, financial, social, physical and community health
- Join one of Australia’s largest organisations where there is ample opportunity to develop and grow your career for life
- Flexibility and work-life balance - we actively champion hybrid working. With offices in Bella Vista and Surry Hills.
Grow with the Group
Woolworths Group has announced it will be requiring Australian team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to medical and religious exemptions).
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.