Agile Delivery Lead (846826)
Location: Baulkham Hills
Job Type: Full time
About Woolworths Group
Woolworths Group is an Australian food and everyday needs retailer employing 190,000 team members across Asia Pacific, serving over 20 million customers across our brands every week. With more than 1,400 stores across Woolworths Supermarkets, Countdown Supermarkets (New Zealand) and BIG W brands, B2B business serving wholesale and export markets, and a range of fast-growing eCommerce businesses, Woolworths Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest retailer.
We strive to create better experiences together for a better tomorrow for our customers and team, which is why we’ve decided to partner with Quantium, a world-class data science and advanced analytics business. Through our partnership we’re bringing the best of Woolworths Group and Quantium together to unlock the power of data to reimagine retail.
Through this partnership, we’ve created a new business called wiq (formerly known as Q-Retail) who will harness the best of Woolworths Group and Quantium to reimagine retail by solving the most complex problems using data and analytics. As a team, we leverage Agile ways of working to help our team develop their skills while also making sure our team is focusing on solving the most complex problems for both our customers and team.
As a newly established business unit combining the best of Woolworths and the best of Quantium to solve advanced analytics problems across the Woolworths group and commercialise the innovative solutions to the global retailer market. wiq delivers four types of work; platform solutions and products, process tools and solutions, analytical solutions, foundational enablers.
Agile Delivery Lead
As an agile delivery lead within wiq you will support squads working to solve the most complex problems across one or more business domains (e.g. digital customer experience, buying and merchandising, store ops, supply chain). The nature of the work is very ambiguous and therefore requires a candidate who is comfortable with ambiguity and can navigate a team through such times.
You will need to excel in three key areas;
- Team happiness and wellbeing; creating a safe and collaborative environment for team members.
- Showing exceptional emotional intelligence
- True servant leadership
- Effectively managing cross functional teams
- Managing stakeholder expectations resolving conflict
- Agile Delivery; true agile transformational mindset, bringing a range of experience across multiple methodologies.
- Utilise the appropriate ceremonies based on specific project needs
- Proficient in all agile tools
- Constantly upskilling on new methodologies and frameworks
- Delivery Support; facilitate the successful delivery of all advanced analytics projects and products
- Ability to build a business case with financial and non-financial benefits
- Maintain accurate resource & financial plans prioritising and making trade offs where required
- Identify risks and issues and put effective mitigation plans in place
- Sustainability plans developed for all products and projects
This role is purely focused on agile delivery in advanced analytics projects and therefore a successful candidate must have the ability to translate between highly technical teams and pure business teams.
- 3-5 years of experience delivering projects or products - agile delivery lead, scrum master or project manager
- Agile experience (certification preferred but not essential)
- Data & Analytics experience preferred - Familiarity with Machine learning & Data Engineering practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Stakeholder management & engagement
The benefits to you
- Solve very complex analytical problems accessing one of the richest datasets in Australia
- Use cutting-edge AI and ML tools & Google stack in an enterprise that leads in cloud adoption
- Learn from and work alongside some of the most respected leaders in Data Science
- Accelerate career in a flexible hybrid workplace while being rewarded with above-market comp.
- Have positive impact on the everyday lives of millions of Australians and Kiwis
- Work in an environment where we deliver together through problem solving, action and purposeful focus
- Enjoy the perks of working in a startup, backed by the Woolworths Group and Quantium, enjoying a career within the best of both environments
Grow with the Group
Woolworths Group has announced it will be requiring Australian team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to medical and religious exemptions).
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.