Merchandise Planner - Footwear | BIG W (851547)
Location: Baulkham Hills
Job Type: Full time
- Be part of a skilled and collaborative planning team
- Think BIG and join one of Australia's largest retailers
- Flexible work options, including location
What we're like
At BIG W everyday’s a big day. For you, this could be the start of something big. There are over 18,000 of us, in the biggest cities and the tiniest towns. And each of us has an important role to play to help make a real difference for families by providing real value, real solutions and real care.
If you have a passion for designing and delivering great customer and team experiences, a desire to join a business that is rapidly evolving into a purpose led digital retailer enabled by a great store network, and you’re looking for a place that cares about your development and growth, you could be who we’re looking for.
As a Merchandise Planner in the BIG W business you will develop plans, forecasts and parameters that ensure our range has the right mix, quantity and price to drive sales, profit and optimise inventory. This is a 12 month fixed-term contract opportunity and will see you supporting the Footwear category.
This critical role is also responsible for:
- Developing merchandise financial plans informed by top-down and bottom-up data
- Developing the option plan and setting a framework within which Buyers can select ranges; work with buyer to ensure range is bought within plan parameters and OTB
- Developing models and forecasts to support accurate financial planning and to optimise stock and sales
- Interrogate reports, provide insights and recommendations
- Work with the planogram team to optimise inventory and stock on hand
To be successful in this role and thrive in our high performance culture, you will have solid experience as a Merchandise Planner with a background in footwear/apparel. As a Planner you will have successfully traded a sizeable category in terms of $ value or have at least 2 - 3 years experience planning an apparel based category. Assistant Planners with a strong background in footwear/apparel are welcome to apply.
Other key skills include:
- Commercial acumen - deliver results through others and thinks ahead
- Strong analytical thinking with the ability to interpret results, analyse and plan for the future
- Stakeholder management - is able to influence and positively engage with others.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be adaptable to change
- Attention to detail with an ability to work to deadlines
What's in it for you?
- An attractive remuneration package including base, super and bonus
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia both across BIG W and Woolworths
- Tech options - Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
- Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will help you thrive
Joining the Group
Woolworths Group has announced it will be requiring Australian team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to medical and religious exemptions).
As part of the wider Woolworths Group, we care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn #LI #work180
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. BIG W is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.