Safety Coordinator - WA (872859)
Job Type: Full time
* Permanent opportunity - Perth DC & Hazelmere DC
* Build your career with Australia’s largest retail supply chain
* Have a career with impact, where you can add value through pivotal decision making
What’s in it for you?
- Build and Develop your Safety Career
- Support both DCs in tandem with an onsite Senior safety resource
- An attractive remuneration package
- Fantastic team member discounts and benefits at all of Woolworths businesses
- Opportunity to collaborate and engage in a supportive team environment.
- Drive and support the operation to implement integrated safety management strategies and advanced safety systems
- Help the site teams achieve a step change in their Safety performance
In October 2020, Woolworths Group Supply Chain rebranded to become Primary Connect - an end-to-end supply chain partner within Woolworths Group. Our team of more than 8,000 continues to support our Woolworths, Countdown, and BIG W stores across the country, providing them with our customers’ favourite food, drink, and everyday needs items.
Becoming Primary Connect gives us the opportunity to keep growing so we can become the next generation supply chain whilst remaining an essential part of Woolworths Group. There has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Working in a passionate, connected, and supportive safety team, time will be spent building relationships and creating engagement, as well as:
- Develop and extend your safety experience with senior safety resources to assist, coach, and shape your career
- Support the implementation of the Primary Connect Safety Strategy, Safety Management Systems, and SIWE Plans in our Perth and Hazelmere DCs
- Assisting with the implementation of policies and procedures, safety and health programs, systems, tools, and training to support compliance and assurance
- Coaching functional and line managers in the implementation and continuous improvement of performance and risk management
- Providing advice and support to managers in safety-related matters, including incident investigations and hazard/risk management
- Promoting and championing a positive culture centered around our 1 Life Safety movement to ensure a safe working environment
- Collecting and disseminating relevant data in support of initiatives, improvements, and reporting
- Ensure key management systems and operational procedures are maintained
Who we are looking for
Our Safety Coordinator will be driven and passionate, hands on with frontline teams, with a drive to make an impact in a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for:
- Certificate IV, Diploma or Degree qualified level in an associated safety discipline
- Keen and passionate to learn and develop
- Ability to manage myself, to complete recurring work and special projects
- Time management and project prioritisation skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- People skills in servicing and influencing
- Understanding of the legislative framework, standards, and codes of practice relevant
If this sounds like a role you’re ready for, then apply now
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.