Finance Program Manager (880856)
Location: Baulkham Hills
Job Type: Full time
About Woolworths Group
Woolworths Group is a food and everyday needs retailer united by the shared purpose of creating better experiences together for a better tomorrow. With more than 1,400 stores across its Woolworths Supermarkets, Countdown Supermarkets (New Zealand) and BIG W brands, and fast-growing eCommerce businesses, Woolworths Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest retailer. A top 10 company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), Woolworths Group employs more than 180,000 team members and serves more than 20 million customers a week.
Finance Program Manager
This role exists to support the overall management of the Finance Foundations Program as lead by the Finance team at Woolworths. The Finance Foundations Program is an ambitious program of work designed by the Finance team as a result of significant diagnostic work undertaken on the fit for purpose and capability of the finance systems and applications under the changing ecosystems business strategy. This has identified a number of significant improvements and transformations required to the foundations of our finance systems to meet the needs of the business now and into the future. The 12 month Fixed term contract Program Manager role has been created to help project manage the delivery of this program, ensuring all interdependencies, risks, stakeholders and so on are identified and managed in accordance with the roadmap. This role will be critical in managing and updating the roadmap for issues identified along the way and critical in developing solutions to overcome problems.
- Overall management of the Finance Foundations Program, including:
- Roadmap management
- Interdependencies and risk management
- Stakeholder management
- Support Program Leader on ad-hoc project management requirements
- Support Project Sponsors on specific project management requirements
- Management of project delivery to roadmap and management of project milestones
- Management of project costs to budget
- Facilitate project steerco meetings and other key project meetings including collation of agenda items (with support from Program Leader)
Stakeholder management and relationships:
- Develop strong relationships with Program Leader and Program Sponsors
- Develop strong relationships and ways of working with Stream Leads
- Coordinate key stakeholder working sessions, critical ways of working to facilitate project management and project delivery
- Support in the management of project comms and other change related activities supporting project management
- Identify risks in project delivery and help coordinate plan to resolve
- Support Program Leader and Program Sponsors on issues, concerns and so on
- Greater than 10 years experience in program management roles
- Self starter and highly motivated
- Does not need a lot of direction; must be able to establish a path forward and present this to senior stakeholders for guidance and correction despite there being somewhat of a blank canvas
- Passionate and is energised from complex problem solving; there is a lot of this involved in this program
- Consultative mindset, seeks the best outcome for the business and the impacted parties (not just what they think is the best outcome)
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.