Pipeline Operator Technician
Job Type: Full time
At Zinfra, we are focussed on allowing our people to reach their potential, be their true selves and enjoy working in an inclusive environment. With a focus on our employees' wellbeing, equal opportunities, and policies to empower a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce, we pride ourselves on meeting our employee's expectations.
We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
About the role:
We are have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical and Instrumentation Pipeline Technician to join us for a 12 month Fixed Term Opportunity. In this position, you will operate and maintain gas facilities and pipelines while playing an integral part of the maintenance team. This position is based out of our Gladstone depot.
About the role
This role will be responsible to carry operation maintenance activities to pipelines, facilities and compressor stations, including:
- Responding to incidents and emergencies
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of rotating and reciprocal gas engines
- Operation and maintenance of high-pressure natural gas equipment and gas quality monitoring equipment
- Maintenance and calibration of electronic measurement instrument, maintenance of valves and other mechanical equipment associated with gas transmission
- Patrol and maintenance of the pipeline right of way
- Liaison work with landholders and public authorities
- A wide variety of pipeline duties including mechanical work, documentation and records maintenance
- Interstate travel required at times
The successful candidate will have a trade qualification (electrical, electronics, instrumentation or equivalent) with proven experience working as a member of an Operations and Maintenance team in the gas transmission or gas processing industry within remote areas.
You will bring the following qualifications, skills and experience with you:
- Drivers licence (MR Class desirable)
- Be a Licensed Electrician with instrumentational qualifications
- High pressure gas experience
- Gas processing experience
- Instrumentation controls and operations,
- RTU fault finding and programming experience,
- Gas Chromatograph operation and maintenance
- Electrical hazardous area knowledge
- PLC fault finding and programming,
- Solar Turbine and Compressor operation and maintenance
- Personal computing skills utilising Microsoft Office systems
The selected candidate will have the ability to learn and develop policies and procedures while being able to consistently meet deadlines. With highly developed written and verbal communication skills, this person will also be analytical, conceptual and have strong problem solving capability as well as the ability to learn and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
Zinfra partners with companies across the utility and infrastructure sectors to deliver maintenance, operations, engineering, and construction services. For our partners our work is crucial to maintaining the safety and reliability of their electricity and gas transmission and distribution assets.
When you join Zinfra, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women's Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities, and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
As part of Zinfra's commitment to keeping our employees safe, it is a requirement for all employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19. During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check and provide evidence of your vaccination status.
Notice to Third Parties: Zinfra does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.