Job Type: Full time
Zinfra partners with companies across the utility and infrastructure sectors to deliver maintenance, operations, engineering, and construction services. For our partners our work is crucial to maintaining the safety and reliability of their electricity and gas transmission and distribution assets.
At Zinfra, we are focused on enabling our people to reach their potential, be their true selves and enjoy working in an inclusive environment with a community focus. Prioritising our employees' wellbeing, equal opportunities and empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key; we pride ourselves on meeting our employee's expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are.
Diversity and Inclusion
We understand the value of a diverse workforce and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
When you join Zinfra, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women's Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Construction Superintendent to manage projects on multiple work fronts during estimation, planning and construction.
Your responsibilities will include
- To provide management, supervision and mentoring of staff & contractors during the construction phase of projects
- To provide accurate estimation of costs, materials and services during all stages of construction
- To provide expert construction advice to colleagues and other areas of the business for both business as usual activities and emergency situations during FEED and delivery stages
- Assist with constructability assessments and optimisation of designs for construction
- Long term planning and scheduling of work and resources to optimise efficiency of construction delivery
- Liaison with various stakeholders, government authorities and members of the public
- Assist with environmental and safety management during site construction works
- Manage site issues and provide accurate reporting on progress, schedule and financial issues
- Project Management Certificate IV or higher is desirable
- Certification as a welding Inspector (WTIA Visual Inspector or CSWIP 3.0) is desirable
- Minimum 10 years of experience in civil construction or specialised industry experience (gas/pipelines)
- Development, estimation, implementation, and supervision of construction projects in Gas or related industries
- Proficient in progress reporting methods and techniques for reporting in both Project and Quality related information
- Demonstrated experience dealing with community liaison, government and stakeholder issues
- Managing multiple concurrent projects, contractors and work faces
Please note: You must hold a current Australian driver's licence and white card, as travel between sites will be required.
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks and a national police check.
Notice to Third Parties: Zinfra does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.