Multiple Roles - Distribution Lineworkers
Job Type: Full time
Zinfra partners with companies across the utility and infrastructure sectors to deliver maintenance, operations, engineering, and construction services. For our partners our work is crucial to maintaining the safety and reliability of their electricity and gas transmission and distribution assets.
At Zinfra, we are focused on enabling our people to reach their potential, be their true selves and enjoy working in an inclusive environment with a community focus. Prioritising our employees' wellbeing, equal opportunities and empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key; we pride ourselves on meeting our employee's expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are.
Diversity and Inclusion
We understand the value of a diverse workforce and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
When you join Zinfra, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women's Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
About the role
We are currently seeking multiple qualified Lineworkers to join our team and support Zinfra's growing program of work. These positions will be required to deliver the program of works on the AusNet or United Energy Distribution contract. Zinfra has recently signed a new 4.5 year long Network Services Agreement with United Energy.
Positions are available across Burwood, Bangholme and Mornington depots with the opportunity to work across either the United Energy and AusNet networks.
The primary purpose of the Lineworker role is to undertake the construction and maintenance of electricity distribution networks by the safe and effective operation of associated plant and equipment.
Your responsibilities will include
- Study and interpret technical drawings and network line diagrams
- Undertake the construction and maintenance of electricity distribution and transmission networks in accordance with Company Policies, Quality Systems and HSE procedures, as well as statutory requirements
- Emergency response on high/low voltage distribution assets
- Hold a Certificate III in ESI Distribution
- VIC Electrical Licence
- Driver's Licence (travel between sites is required)
- White Card
- Hold Glove and Barrier tickets (desirable)
- Experience within an electrical maintenance and construction environment
- Experience working in high-risk environments
- Demonstrated ability to recognise and solve problems in the workplace
- Be willing to travel across the state (desirable)
- Proven ability to work productively as part of a team, in a fast paced and changing workplace
This role will suit a highly motivated and engaging individual who is results driven and thrives in a fast-paced working environment.
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks and a national police check.
Notice to Third Parties: Zinfra does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.