Zurich Financial Services Australia
Location: North Sydney
Job Type: Not Specified
At Zurich, we are passionate about cultivating talent! Our culture is designed to inspire and involve you at every stage of your career.
- Zurich is committed to developing a sustainable workforce – we will support you to access and develop the right skills to navigate a changing world
- We have curated an extensive range of learning resources and provide access to our exclusive ‘Customer Academy’, to help you learn new skills through a range of topics
- Our award-winning Female Leadership, Aspiring Leaders and Manager Excellence Programs are here to help grow our talented employees.
We are committed to help you thrive as you share your ideas, initiatives, and energy. You will have the chance to work with global, diverse, and inclusive teams as you develop valuable skills, explore your passions, and make a positive impact beyond your role.
About the role
A great opportunity exists to join Zurich’s Information Technology team as a Senior Business Analyst.
In this key role, you will act as a conduit between end-users and IT to ensure that business/user requirements are delivered in IT solutions. Partnering with a range of stakeholders, you will be a vital component of a project team that strives to enhance and develop new systems for Zurich.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Analysing and delivering business process initiatives
- Analysing workflow to create process maps and isolate areas of potential improvement.
- Developing functional specifications for system enhancement/development.
- Producing technical specifications to communicate user requirements to analyst programmers/project team
- Coordinating User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure the overall efficiency, functionality, and user friendliness of system enhancement/development
- Preparing material and providing training and assistance to end-users following implementation.
Important to your success
- Strong experience in IT and relevant tertiary qualifications
- Insurance experience will be highly regarded
- Solid understanding of all aspects of the systems/software development life cycle
- Technical knowledge of programming, system design, IT infrastructure and database concepts
- Outstanding ability to analyse, isolate and interpret business needs and develop appropriate technical solutions
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- An analytical mindset and the ability to work in an agile environment
Zurich is here to support you
As a leader in the insurance industry, we embrace the development needs of our employees to ensure they can achieve success and thrive in the workplace.
To empower you to be your best, we offer:
- Access to an award-winning online learning platform
- Aspiring Leaders Program to grow our talented employees
- Zurich Parents & Carers Hub, offering resources and support
- Annual lifestyle payment and volunteer day
Zurich is committed to ensuring that our process is fair and accessible for all candidates. If you require special accommodations to participate in our recruitment process, we encourage you to let us know at the time of your application.